Autumn 2018 Friendlies - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Autumn 2018 Friendlies

DoonTheSlope

Anyone heard anything about our free dates during the Nations League campaign?

There was talk of Portugal away in September just after the draw was made but with 6 away games already this year I'd be surprised if they have many if any more. They'll have two home games and muster up a 4 game package

6 hours ago, Ormond said:

Austria
Belgium
Croatia
Denmark
The Netherlands
Portugal
Slovakia
Sweden

Flure said these are the teams we can have. 

Sweden and Austria have their games confirmed now. So assuming we play a European team we’re left with;

Belgium, Croatia, Denmark (Sept only), The Netherlands, Portugal, Slovakia (Sept only)

in October if say Belgium play Croatia and Netherlands play Portugal, I’m not sure how UEFA can then decide on our fixture 🤷🏻‍♂️

Got a feeling the SFA have their eyes on 2 from Portugal, Belgium and Croatia at home to add onto the season tickets (they have said a season ticket for the Nations League will be sold, so can not see a two game package being all that popular, so if they can add a game on against Portugal with Ronaldo, and something else a little bit more high profile, they can add them onto the season tickets.

A few people on Facebook are saying if teams who have free dates haven't arranged friendlies themselves by Sunday then UEFA will step in and organise them between the other available teams for us

Cant see anything on the net about this. Anyone able to confirm?

Like most of the stuff posted by the ITK mob on those TA Facebook pages they are probably talking rampant shite

27 minutes ago, jamboman said:

How about we continue the trend of stupid friendly games far far away?

Fiji Away

North Korea away

Guam Away

Away to Alaska select?

I’d hardly call top sides like Peru and Mexico stupid. I’d certainly have them a huge step up from those minnows listed above.

2 hours ago, Ormond said:

I’d hardly call top sides like Peru and Mexico stupid. I’d certainly have them a huge step up from those minnows listed above.

I never called the sides stupid, its the idea of us travelling over there at the end of the season to play a team who have players all gunning for world cup places. Any reason we could not have played teams closer to home?

1 minute ago, jamboman said:

I never called the sides stupid, its the idea of us travelling over there at the end of the season to play a team who have players all gunning for world cup places. Any reason we could not have played teams closer to home?

Because nothing we have tried before has worked. Northern Ireland played in S. America when O’ Neill took them over and look what they did? Qualified. 

3 hours ago, jamboman said:

How about we continue the trend of stupid friendly games far far away?

Fiji Away

North Korea away

Guam Away

Away to Alaska select?

Pound a pint in North Korea, that will do me.

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

October freindly to be announced soon also (no indication if home or away, but given its attached to Israel away, you would assume its a home game)

My blunder on this one.   Will be in Athens on way back from Israel.