First job for mcleish.... - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

First job for mcleish....

Malcolm

16 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Supposedly, McTominay is going to snub McLeish and is set to be named in the England squad for their next two friendlies

probably true but dont see that anywhere online

bigger question is why off spring of two scottish people can trun into a top level player by growing up in england, when we cant seem to produce anything nowadays

On 27/02/2018 at 12:27 PM, wanderer said:

Agree.

If he was a central defender and able to get a run of games playing for Man United, I think it would be different, but he is in a position we are not exactly stuck/short on players with at this minute in time (is he being rushed/forced into the team before Mcleish plans because of how good he is or the fact he has got some pretty healthy amount of game time with Man United).

McLeish is not one to leave every stone unturned for possible players to call up (he discovered Morrison and seem to recall he did spend a bit of time trying to convince Gabby Agbonlahor to join up with us) so maybe he is in his possible plans.

You're wrong there. For defensive MF we have McDonald, McGinn, Coutts and Bridcutt. Not exactly inspiring. Whereas we have around a dozen young centre backs coming along.

5 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

McLeish should have offered him the captaincy. He might only get a couple of caps for England.  Why is it we cannot get a decent eligibles yet McGeady and McCarthy can snub us for Ireland. I was brought up to believe that Scottish blood runs strong. Not as strong as oirish it would seem.

4 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

You're wrong there. For defensive MF we have McDonald, McGinn, Coutts and Bridcutt. Not exactly inspiring. Whereas we have around a dozen young centre backs coming along.

You could add Tierney or McRorie  to that list and it would look a whole lot better. Forget about Bridcutt and Coutts.

36 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

McLeish should have offered him the captaincy. He might only get a couple of caps for England.  Why is it we cannot get a decent eligibles yet McGeady and McCarthy can snub us for Ireland. I was brought up to believe that Scottish blood runs strong. Not as strong as oirish it would seem.

Offered him the captaincy? Jesus Christ. Fuck him. I’m glad he’s chosen them

45 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Unfortunately more than half of Scotland doesn’t see us as a country at all. :(

1 hour ago, Ormond said:

Unfortunately more than half of Scotland doesn’t see us as a country at all. :(

I think Ormond is right, you can't Seperate this from the politics and the Scottish cringe.  Add to that a complete lack of footballing success and you get a desperately sad situation. I think the Irish diaspora is much prouder of its roots than ours.

1 hour ago, Paulo2576 said:

Offered him the captaincy? Jesus Christ. Fuck him. I’m glad he’s chosen them

Jesus Christ nothing - he is going to be a special player. If we can't go the extra mile for him then who can we do it for? Your attitude will not get us to World Cup finals.

26 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Jesus Christ nothing - he is going to be a special player. If we can't go the extra mile for him then who can we do it for? Your attitude will not get us to World Cup finals.

So bribe a 21 year old who has proven the square root of fuck all so far by offering him the captaincy. Let’s see what’s he’s done in a couple of years time before we start dishing out the special player stuff. He looks neat and tidy I’ll give you that. 

Anyway, the only question Alex needs to ask is are you Scottish. Offering incentives is fucking embarrassing and pathetic.

25 minutes ago, Paulo2576 said:

So bribe a 21 year old who has proven the square root of fuck all so far by offering him the captaincy. Let’s see what’s he’s done in a couple of years time before we start dishing out the special player stuff. He looks neat and tidy I’ll give you that. 

Anyway, the only question Alex needs to ask is are you Scottish. Offering incentives is fucking embarrassing and pathetic.

Let the lad decided, he has not chosen scotland or england. Maybe just maybe he wants to just play football and is enjoying his time at man u. 

37 minutes ago, Paulo2576 said:

Spot on. I am amazed if the England rumours are true, if the "bigger" countries are going to start tying up any young prospect before they prove anything heaven help international football.

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Spot on. I am amazed if the England rumours are true, if the "bigger" countries are going to start tying up any young prospect before they prove anything heaven help international football.

He is English by birth to be fair.  Granted he’s half Scottish as well, but they’ve every right to pick him and he’s every right to accept.  

4 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Why is it we cannot get a decent eligibles yet McGeady and McCarthy can snub us for Ireland. I was brought up to believe that Scottish blood runs strong. Not as strong as oirish it would seem.

Most footballers given a choice would rather play for a more successful team, unfortunately for us.

13 minutes ago, adamntg said:

He is English by birth to be fair.  Granted he’s half Scottish as well, but they’ve every right to pick him and he’s every right to accept.  

If he's half Scottish he's only half English too;)

Would love it he chose us though, as it appears both countries have approached him now.

2 hours ago, Paulo2576 said:

:ok:

14 minutes ago, TGP said:

Professional footballers aren't as passionate as you and I.  They will protect their careers and choose to maximise their profile.

Might play for us then. Gtd international career if you are any good, sure England must have a dozen youngsters of promise which is why am surprised they are sounding him out already.

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

If he's half Scottish he's only half English too;)

Would love it he chose us though, as it appears both countries have approached him now.

Agreed on all points.  Hope he chooses Scotland but if he doesn’t, well, so be it. 

6 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

Tierney would be superb there and McRorie may well play there for his whole career. Billy Gilmour and Cochrane are on the horizon for the creative roles. Chin up!

How do we know Tierney would be good dmf

Why don't we play off the striker then