Rev Billy Graham - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rev Billy Graham

13 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Yeah, I am surprised he hasnt been shot at some point. 

Why? By who? And what for?

(I saw Billy Graham at the CNE in Toronto in 1977.)

8 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I read one of his quotes:

’when wealth is lost nothing is lost, when health is lost something is lost, when character is lost all is lost ‘. 

Easy to say with a net  worth of $ 25mio . He must have forgot Jesus telling his discuples ‘ ’ it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God’   🙂

There will be loads of rich people in heaven.

(Abraham being the most obvious example.)

A person can be as rich as they want as long as Jesus is their greatest treasure.

Matthew 19:24 is saying that the unsaved rich can't buy their way to heaven as no one can get there on what they have, or who they are, or what they do (or by any other 'merit').

7 hours ago, Ormond said:

Look up that total cunt Osteen. That daft bint of mine used to share quotes from him until I went all God-like on her and brainwashed her into understanding what a total ring piece he is. 

Joel Osteen preaches a non-Biblical prosperity 'gospel'.

He is a motivational speaker who disguises his 'talks' with a thin veneer of 'Christianity'.

He tells the audience what they want to hear instead of what God wants them to know.

John MacArthur came away with a great line...

He said that Joel Osteen was God's judgement on his audience.

7 hours ago, Ormond said:

Celtic and Aberdeen. Is there another big club I missed? B)

No, that's it (and co-incidentally the 2 teams meet this Sunday!!!)

5 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Why? By who? And what for?

(I saw Billy Graham at the CNE in Toronto in 1977.)

There will be loads of rich people in heaven.

(Abraham being the most obvious example.)

A person can be as rich as they want as long as Jesus is their greatest treasure.

Matthew 19:24 is saying that the unsaved rich can't buy their way to heaven as no one can get there on what they have, or who they are, or what they do (or by any other 'merit').

Joel Osteen preaches a non-Biblical prosperity 'gospel'.

He is a motivational speaker who disguises his 'talks' with a thin veneer of 'Christianity'.

He tells the audience what they want to hear instead of what God wants them to know.

John MacArthur came away with a great line...

He said that Joel Osteen was God's judgement on his audience.

No, that's it (and co-incidentally the 2 teams meet this Sunday!!!)

By anyone who strongly disagreed with his beliefs. Or am I wrong in thinking zealous religion is not a target for some? 

You can dress up the eye of the needle story any way you want Scotty, I am not religious and simply read and interpret what is there, literally.

I have no problem with wealthy people, or religion for those who believe and do not foist it on others, but please forgive my cynicism with people who profess to spread the word of God whilst feathering their own pockets nicely. 

Edited by TDYER63
Spelling

4 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

By anyone who strongly disagreed with his beliefs. Or am I wrong in thinking zealous religion is not a target for some?  

He wasn't religious (and I've never heard of Western evangelicals being targeted for death).

You can dress up the eye of the needle story any way you want Scotty, I am not religious and simply read and interpret what is there, literally.

One can't apply 'legalism' to Scripture.

(Remember that there is a context.)

I have no problem with wealthy people, or religion for those who believe and do not foist it on others...

Christianity is about spreading the Gospel (the Good News).

...but please forgive my cynicism with people who profess to spread the word of God...

Billy Graham didn't profess to spread the Word, he DID spread the Word (to literally hundreds of millions of people).

...whilst feathering their own pockets nicely. 

The Bible tells us to watch out for them...

Matthew 7:15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves."

Matthew 6:19-21Romans 16:17-18 " I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them. 18. For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive."

Lets say that Billy Graham got just one penny to save from every person (say 2 1/2 billion) that heard him speak (live, TV, and radio) over (say) 70 years... There's your $25M. Easy money?

Do you believe that Billy Graham was a 'wolf'?

Anyway, a Christian's focus wouldn't be on the things of this temporary existence.

Matthew 6:19-21 “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, 20. but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

Edited by Scotty CTA

18 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Aye that was him. I went along a couple of times as their was a wee burd I was getting friendly with. Right enough some heavy drug use was evidently an issue for some of the characters that went :lol:. It was weird as fuck talking in tongues etc, but was worthwhile for me in the end ;)

If they'd said at the time there was a chance of getting your Nat King, I'm sure it would've been a lot more popular.

4 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

He wasn't religious (and I've never heard of Western evangelicals being targeted for death).

One can't apply 'legalism' to Scripture.

(Remember that there is a context.)

Christianity is about spreading the Gospel (the Good News).

Billy Graham didn't profess to spread the Word, he DID spread the Word (to literally hundreds of millions of people).

The Bible tells us to watch out for them...

Matthew 7:15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves."

Matthew 6:19-21Romans 16:17-18 " I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them. 18. For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive."

Lets say that Billy Graham got just one penny to save from every person (say 2 1/2 billion) that heard him speak (live, TV, and radio) over (say) 70 years... There's your $25M. Easy money?

Do you believe that Billy Graham was a 'wolf'?

Anyway, a Christian's focus wouldn't be on the things of this temporary existence.

Matthew 6:19-21 “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, 20. but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

I was hoping to give a proper reply Scotty but I am on a wee iphone and I just dont have the energy after reading your first response , ie that he was not religious. He is a Christian spreading the word of God. Is Christianity not a religion ? 

And I used the word ‘profess’ as I dont believe in God . To me he is not spreading the word of God as I dont believe there is a God. 

I doubt we will ever agree on this but like I said before, I dont mock religion for those who have a faith ,   I just dont believe it  myself 👍

35 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

No great loss, it's not as if he was on the the verge of finding a cure for cancer. Just a snake oil salesman spouting the same old made up bollocks and amassing a tidy sum doing so, like so many before and to come. Nothing to see here, move on.

It wouldn't have been so bad if he had even invented his own brand of snake oil, but he just stole somebody else's 2000 year old idea. Some folk just want to be conned out of their money. I blame the education system.

Asking Jesus into your heart - false gospel

"Making Jesus Lord of your life" - false gospel

"Giving your life to Jesus" - false gospel

All false gospels that do not saved promoted by the Freemason Billy Graham for years.  

I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Notice these false gospels are all about something someone thinks they have to do.  Whereas the TRUE gospel is all about faith in what Jesus Christ has done for the whole of humanity by his death burial and resurrection and trusting in that alone which saves.

Galatians 6:14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

Make sure you are not deceived 'another Jesus' - the new age, one world religion one that Graham promoted.

But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

http://graceambassadors.com/salvation/how-do-i-know-i-am-saved

1 hour ago, Eisegerwind said:

No great loss, it's not as if he was on the the verge of finding a cure for cancer. Just a snake oil salesman spouting the same old made up bollocks and amassing a tidy sum doing so, like so many before and to come. Nothing to see here, move on.

His son Franklin looks an even bigger snake. 

27 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

It wouldn't have been so bad if he had even invented his own brand of snake oil, but he just stole somebody else's 2000 year old idea. Some folk just want to be conned out of their money. I blame the education system.

😂

30 minutes ago, Kimba said:

Asking Jesus into your heart - false gospel

"Making Jesus Lord of your life" - false gospel

"Giving your life to Jesus" - false gospel

All false gospels that do not saved promoted by the Freemason Billy Graham for years.  

I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Notice these false gospels are all about something someone thinks they have to do.  Whereas the TRUE gospel is all about faith in what Jesus Christ has done for the whole of humanity by his death burial and resurrection and trusting in that alone which saves.

Galatians 6:14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

Make sure you are not deceived 'another Jesus' - the new age, one world religion one that Graham promoted.

But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

http://graceambassadors.com/salvation/how-do-i-know-i-am-saved

That was it ! All that stuff was how I got to ride that wee Christian burd ! You have to admit it's brilliant patter as foreplay :ok:

Edited by killiefaetheferry