Tim Hortons in Glasgow.. - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tim Hortons in Glasgow..

Just curious to see what everyone thinks of Tim Hortons coffee shops in Glasgow, or anywhere else in Scotland. Tim Hortons is massive here in Canada. In Ottawa they are all over the city. I go every morning on ma way to work. Do they have the Drive-thru in Scotland as they do here?   Cheers. 😊

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Never tried it. The only time I've heard of it is in the sponsorship of Roar of the Rings. Have you got any interest in curling, Ramy?

To be honest, I have tried curling. Love it. Its big over here. I always follow the curling worlds  Always hoping for Scotland. I remember the likes of Hammi McMillan and David Smith. Both World Champions.. 

20 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

To be honest, I have tried curling. Love it. Its big over here. I always follow the curling worlds  Always hoping for Scotland. I remember the likes of Hammi McMillan and David Smith. Both World Champions.. 

The Scottish burds are on at the Olympics right now.

34 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

It's certainly a bit of a Canadian icon. I had no idea who Tim Horton was until my cousins over there filled me in. It must've been a bit like me having to explain to them who Jimmy Johnstone or Jim Baxter were...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Horton

Yes. He is very famous. Did alot for young children at summer camps. I must go to Tim Hortons atleast 5 or 6 times a week..Even ma wife loves the dark roast coffee. I am nit surprised it opened in Scotland. Their advertising market here is so big. It appeals to folk of all ages. 

I honestly feel their coffee has being going downhill ; still go there regularly and they are always busy ; 2 new ones have opened closer to our house since moved to calgary in 06 ; one of these walking distance ( which is unusual for suburbia here)

they almost shot themselves in the foot last month re new labour laws and treatment of staff at one branch - think as passively nationalistic folk are here ; they could have easily turned en masse ditching what is now very much an institution here

the choice/convenience/cost has a lot to do with it too

id say the younger generation are likely more starbucks inclined ; but for many $2 per coffee is limit

i think now McDonalds coffee is better than Tims - even the dark roast ; but often kids in tow ; easy to grab stuff for them to eat at tims ( which feels healthier ; soup sandwich etc v big mac....)and breakfast options on road to skiing etc

not sure if will catch on at home ; theres a few in NE USA also

21 minutes ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

I honestly feel their coffee has being going downhill ; still go there regularly and they are always busy ; 2 new ones have opened closer to our house since moved to calgary in 06 ; one of these walking distance ( which is unusual for suburbia here)

they almost shot themselves in the foot last month re new labour laws and treatment of staff at one branch - think as passively nationalistic folk are here ; they could have easily turned en masse ditching what is now very much an institution here

the choice/convenience/cost has a lot to do with it too

id say the younger generation are likely more starbucks inclined ; but for many $2 per coffee is limit

i think now McDonalds coffee is better than Tims - even the dark roast ; but often kids in tow ; easy to grab stuff for them to eat at tims ( which feels healthier ; soup sandwich etc v big mac....)and breakfast options on road to skiing etc

not sure if will catch on at home ; theres a few in NE USA also

👍. McDonalds coffee is good, but I prefer tea. Agree about the dosh mate. Starbucks is to dear.. Tims is great for the weans. Just as I am typing this my sons pal just dropped over and brought Timbits. lol

2 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

👍. McDonalds coffee is good, but I prefer tea. Agree about the dosh mate. Starbucks is to dear.. Tims is great for the weans. Just as I am typing this my sons pal just dropped over and brought Timbits. lol

McDonalds coffee is good?????  The only chain here who serve palatable coffee is Cafe Nero.

15 hours ago, Mindimoo said:

On that basis I'll let you off.  I had one today and thought I was going to succumb to a diabetic com before I added sugar!

You sound like you keen on good coffee but you buy coffee with sugar in it? Sorry, but that doesn't make sense to me. Does it not just taste like sugar? 

55 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

You sound like you keen on good coffee but you buy coffee with sugar in it? Sorry, but that doesn't make sense to me. Does it not just taste like sugar? 

I  don't buy coffee with sugar in it, just commenting that some coffee is so poor sugar is the only way to make it palatable!