Alan Hutton - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Alan Hutton

N4Footsoldier

14 hours ago, Tartan Chris said:

I've been a long term critic of Hutton playing for my club but he's been fantastic last few months, easily his best form for the Villa.

One little problem guys...all his good games have come with him at left back!

He's actually been playing fairly well for the last few years at Villa and is a favourite with a lagre number of fans. I reckon though the main reason he retired was to make sure he could keep his place at Villa after being 'frozen out' and put out on loan during Lamberts reign. Doubt he would eb tempted back although there are some doubts over his contract beyond the end of this season at Villa.

20 hours ago, runningtings said:

Callum Paterson for me, or we play 3 at the back and play Fraser on the right.

Paterson could even make up part of a back three.

Callum Patterson and Andy Robertson should be the full backs. I know that leaves Tierney out but Robertson marginally better plus Tierney more versatile and can double up as central defence or even midfield if we have to go defensive.

4 hours ago, j b lyons said:

Callum Patterson and Andy Robertson should be the full backs. I know that leaves Tierney out but Robertson marginally better plus Tierney more versatile and can double up as central defence or even midfield if we have to go defensive.

Bardsley is better defensively and playing at a higher level than patterson

On 16/02/2018 at 1:33 PM, robbo cop said:

Did Hutton not retire from International football?, if so then no way should be back, hardly thinking of the future. Paterson any day.

That didn't stop Scott Brown coming back. 

Personally I'd prefer Bardsley in games where we need to be mostly defending and Paterson when it's a weaker team we should dominate. 

It doesn't have to be the one player for every game. 

On 15 February 2018 at 8:49 PM, runningtings said:

Callum Paterson for me, or we play 3 at the back and play Fraser on the right.

Paterson could even make up part of a back three.

Paterson playing well for Cardiff at wing half. Has physique for centre back and I wonder if he could play there for us and get forward for free kicks and corners- he scores goals. Would need to be tested  in that position at club level I suppose.

14 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

He must have retired - the silence is deafening. Think we must forget him.

That can be clarified by asking him to join the squad and making a brief statement if he declines.  That’s what I would do if I was Mcleish.  He is our best right back by some way.

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

That can be clarified by asking him to join the squad and making a brief statement if he declines.  That’s what I would do if I was Mcleish.  He is our best right back by some way.

Unless he retired from international football because he fell out with Strachan then he should be left alone. 

If Hutton has changed his mind then he can easily make himself available for selection.

There would be nothing wrong with McLeish asking the question I suppose but there would be no need to make a public statement. 

Paterson has been playing in midfield all season for Cardiff, Warnock joked that Hearts had sold him a dud right back because he couldn't defend to save himself - so defo not the answer at RB. Hutton maybe best out there and wouldn't be against it but agree with us needing to look forward. Wonder if James Tavernier has a scottish great auntie :lol:

2 hours ago, FANDABBYDOZZY said:

I thought Paterson played right back for hearts 

He did, Warnock  was joking. But it would appear he is very good in all positions.

I use who scored.com as a guide to how players are playing due to the fact I find it logistically  impossible to be at every single match in England simultaneously. Some on here can but I can't work out how.

According to who scored he has played 4 times at central midfield 3 times at right side defensive midfield 2 times at right midfield and 2 times at right back and 7 times as a sub.

He has two MOM ratings in last 10 games with ratings over 9.5 which is very high.

According to who scored right  back is his worst position, but over 7 which is very good (Hanley Archer and Lindsey are both under 7 in their positions) 

Who scored  appear to be at every single match in England simultaneously.

I think the ratings must only compare players in the same league  Robertson is an average EPL player were as Hutton is an above average left back in the championship.

Looks like Paterson is our best player in the championship no matter were we play him

Edited by ceudmilefailte

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

He did, Warnock  was joking. But it would appear he is very good in all positions.

I use who scored.com as a guide to how players are playing due to the fact I find it logistically  impossible to be at every single match in England simultaneously. Some on here can but I can't work out how.

According to who scored he has played 4 times at central midfield 3 times at right side defensive midfield 2 times at right midfield and 2 times at right back and 7 times as a sub.

He has two MOM ratings in last 10 games with ratings over 9.5 which is very high.

According to who scored right  back is his worst position, but over 7 which is very good (Hanley Archer and Lindsey are both under 7 in their positions) 

Who scored  appear to be at every single match in England simultaneously.

I think the ratings must only compare players in the same league  Robertson is an average EPL player were as Hutton is an above average left back in the championship.

Looks like Paterson is our best player in the championship no matter were we play him

We should play him as a sub then