Winter Olympics. Official thread? - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Winter Olympics. Official thread?

Eisegerwind

Scotland just lost to Canada in the men's curling. No disgrace in that though. as Canada are the big favourites for gold. Gave them a decent game after a poor start. We beat Switzerland in the first game. So on target so far.

Eve Muirhead cruised through her first game.

2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Elise must be up there on the list of unluckiest Olympians!

She should be using her big bottom more to push the others off

Dont understand why she was penalised for it either 

On 17/02/2018 at 1:32 PM, Toepoke said:

British burds have the best skeletons...

That was some run from Lizzy Yarnold. They’d been talking about 51.8s as really good runs up to that point and she puts down 51.4. Astonishing - you could see that by the looks on the faces of the three girls waiting in the medal positions. And it broke the poor girl who was due to slide last.

It's getting a wee bit tight for the Scottish teams in the curling. Both men's and women's have played 6, won 3 ,and lost 3. I think the men are more likely to get through than the women but there is a good chance that neither will get through to the semis. 

On 17/02/2018 at 11:34 AM, Toepoke said:

Elise must be up there on the list of unluckiest Olympians!

I reckon she's playing the long game, waiting until she can win three golds under a Scottish flag in four years time.

38 minutes ago, biffer said:

I reckon she's playing the long game, waiting until she can win three golds under a Scottish flag in four years time.

Assuming she chooses to represent Scotland.  That accent is more all over the place than Richard Gough's!

2 hours ago, biffer said:

Wins for both sets of curlers. Both at 4-3, two games left. Squeaky bum time.

They were key wins today. If both win at least one of their last two matches they should at least get them a play-off whilst a win in both of their last two matches and a semi-final spot is guaranteed. However, losing both games will end their chances.

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Christie DQd again!

6 Olympic races and she's been disqualified from 4 and crashed out of 2.  I think the lassie maybe needs to look at her tactics (and that's speaking from my vast short track speed skating experience!!).