Hotels/Digs - Peru v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hotels/Digs

Ormond

That’s me booked all of my different places now. Two nights in a wee place in Cusco and another night in Ollantaytambo(point to do Machu Picchu). Then back to Lima for 4 nights in a place right beside Parque John Kennedy in the centre of Miraflores called Helen’s House. Sounds weird but looks bonnie with a balcony that you can see the Pacific from. 

1 hour ago, Brummie Hibs said:

I'm looking to stay around Kennedy Park as well, but most likely in an apartment. 

Chap on the FB pages who moved from Scotland to Lima says that area is as safe and central as you want. 

Blimey Ormond, you're well organised, you are one step ahead of me. I haven't booked my accommodation yet, but have booked all my flights including into Cusco (arr 25 May 1035) and the return flight to Lima (day of our game, arr 1405).  I'm assuming it definitely is an evening kick off!

Know I'll be using a mixture of train, bus and taxi whilst in the Cusco region, but haven't even started to plan where/how I'll spend my 4 days. Will of course definitely stay in Cusco itself and Ollantaytambo.

Say what you want about the SFA, we might not yet have a manager, the team might be SH*TE, but one of the suits knows how to pick exotic locations for friendlies.

I'm definitely more excited about this Peru/Mexico trip than I am my WC trip to Russia later in the month, where I'll be seeing 3 games.

Just now, Brummie Hibs said:

Yeah, pretty close. Looks like plenty of places to drink around Calle Berlin and Bellavista. 

Looks the exact spot to be. There’s a guy on one of the FB pages who lives in Lima and he says that area is the place best to hang around.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, kumnio said:

26th Hosteria Angiolina in Lima

27th Hatuchay Inn  in Anguas Calientes

28th Wayra Dreams in Cusco

29th Hosteria Angiolina in Lima

Wayra Dreams sounds like a seedy titty joint. I bet it’s like the Titty Twister on From Dusk Till Dawn. :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...