Emotional Support Animals - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Emotional Support Animals

Listening to radio 2 about emotional support animals, and it’s pretty damn comical. People wanting pigs to fly with them, a woman has a cow, but says transporting it is difficult. 

Before Paris has a go at me about mental health issues, some of these people are clearly nuts, but transporting a pig to comfort someone is just ridiculous. 

It’s out of fucking control here. Soft headed Yanks coming up with new ways to seek attention daily. Only last week there was a story about some eejit who was upset that she couldn’t take her emotional support PEACOCK on a plane. :lol:

I can’t go for a loaf of bread without seeing some fat cunt stoat around with a dog with the “emotional support” jacket slapped around it.

Edited by Ormond

22 minutes ago, Ormond said:

I can’t go for a loaf of bread without seeing some fat cunt stoat around with a dog with the “emotional support” jacket slapped around it.

You should get yourself an emotional support animal to help you deal with the stresses that this situation brings. 

Just now, Parklife said:

You should get yourself an emotional support animal to help you deal with the stresses that this situation brings. 

I did. Although the ring on the finger was more practical than one of those coats. 

40 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Never heard of emotional support animals in my puff. Is this the latest fad? 🤔

When I was in America last year (get me!), I noticed a few of them. Nothing major, just a few people carrying small dogs with them to places you wouldn’t really expect to see an animal, such as museums or shopping malls, etc. The animals usually have some sort of sign on them to say they’re emotional support animals. Of those I saw, most belonged to people who were identifying themselves as ex-servicemen from the clothes they wore. 

10 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Nout wrong with this. Animals have far better personalities and show more loyalty than some people I've had the misfortune to come across in life

And the most surprising post from a poster in 2018 so far goes to yersel

Well said and totally true

I'd add that anyone that is deliberately cruel to animals should suffer the same fate

4 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

And the most surprising post from a poster in 2018 so far goes to yersel

Well said and totally true

I'd add that anyone that is deliberately cruel to animals should suffer the same fate

Does that include folk who kill them and eat them?

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

That's for survival purposes. I'd say that's different to just being cruel to animals 

I don’t think it is. We can surivive without eating meat and the meat industry is cruel to animals. 

Im not preaching (honestly) I’ve eat loads of meat and probably will again 

17 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I don’t think it is. We can surivive without eating meat and the meat industry is cruel to animals. 

And the argicultural crop industry is cruel to plants forcing them to grow under artificial lighting and heat, never been allowed to feel the sun and the wind on their leaves, force fed chemicals to improve their size and appearance and then chopped down in their prime, horrible.

Edited by Eisegerwind
there,their, they're, spelling ffs.

1 minute ago, Eisegerwind said:

And the argicultural crop industry is cruel to plants forcing them to grow under artificial lighting and heat, never been allowed to feel the sun and the wind on their leaves, force fed chemicals to improve there size and appearence and then chopped down in their prime, horrible.

Very good :lol:

33 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

We could survive without eating meat but it's not the revolution that people will have you believe. Anyone who says that veganism etc is healthier than eating meat is talking keech