Flights - Page 2 - Israel V Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Flights

irnbruman

On 1/30/2018 at 4:32 PM, irnbruman said:

I'm still considering the Air France flight to Paris , then to Birmingham or Manchester on the Saturday or Sunday. But with Paris being close enough and been there quite a few times , I'm still favouring Athens. I stayed in Istanbul for one night before flying on to Tbilisi for the Georgia game. Its the most visually stunning city Ive seen - great for a wee jaunt on the different ferries across the Bosphorus. Didn't realise its five times the size and population of London.

Why Manchester when you can fly from Newcastle via Amsterdam 

Luton to Paphos Easyjet Mon 8th 62.00. Paphos to Tel Aviv Ryanair Tues 9th 25.00 (you can go Mon night). Tel Aviv to Luton Wizz Air Fri 12th 90.00 in their sale a few weeks ago. 177.00 all in.Then get to Glasgow for the Sunday game and back south Tues (Not booked that part yet).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/15/2018 at 10:16 AM, gswan74 said:

Is anybody going via Sofia with Ryanair from Glasgow Wed night back Sunday ? Then the wizz air Thursday 6am to Tel Aviv ? For anyone looking to go that way, it was about £170 when i booked it . 

However as lone soldier looking for anyone to have a few drinks with in Sofia airport .

2 of us doing this route

• 3 weeks later...

1 hour ago, gswan74 said:

Excellent , last time i used this airport i had a 6 hours stop over and they had a restaurant/bar that was open through the night.

Arrived in Sofia airport around 2AM a couple of years ago. Far too early to check into my hotel and couldn't find any bar open in the airport although there may have been one back through customs. I did find an all night cafe/bar which was dirt cheap a couple of minutes from the airport. I recall I crossed the main road and it was down a side street but very close.

Nothing to get excited about but I was very grateful for it