Israel v Scotland (Haifa?) - Israel V Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Israel v Scotland (Haifa?)

j b lyons

'As it says on the tin'. It would appear most TA are basing themselves in Tel Aviv but the most likely venue for the game will be Haifa which is 100 kilometres away and with it being an evening kick off I would assume little or no public transport available back to Tel Aviv post match.

I am hoping some brave soul will put their heads 'over the parapet' and organise the usual convoy of supporters coaches - if and when can you please keep me in mind :ok:

Facebook post on the TA page and there’s someone arranging a convoy from Mike’s Place (sports bar) just off the beach in Tel Aviv 👍🏼

Edited to add - he’s apparently very trustworthy and has run buses before for the TA with great success so if you end up on Bus 8, dinnae worry 👍🏼

Edited by McTeeko

1 hour ago, Larky Masher said:

Haifa's OK, it even used to have a Rangers' pub.

What are the Israelis like in general ? 

Guy I know spends a fair bit of time there with work and doesnt have anything good too say about them really. Quite the opposite. Would normally take that with a pinch of salt but the guy is the really laid back sort that gets on with anyone so I was quite surprised he was so down on them ( he is not a Palestinian by the way )

2 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

What are the Israelis like in general ? 

Guy I know spends a fair bit of time there with work and doesnt have anything good too say about them really. Quite the opposite. Would normally take that with a pinch of salt but the guy is the really laid back sort that gets on with anyone so I was quite surprised he was so down on them ( he is not a Palestinian by the way )

The normal distribution applies to the general population though they can be quite abrupt but the more orthodox population aren't much fun at all though they don't mingle too much. Going out to bars and restaurants you could be anywhere in the med, apart from the number of automatic weapons on display.

4 hours ago, j b lyons said:

'As it says on the tin'. It would appear most TA are basing themselves in Tel Aviv but the most likely venue for the game will be Haifa which is 100 kilometres away and with it being an evening kick off I would assume little or no public transport available back to Tel Aviv post match.

I am hoping some brave soul will put their heads 'over the parapet' and organise the usual convoy of supporters coaches - if and when can you please keep me in mind :ok:

According to a few of the travel sites I have read there are trains almost 24 hours a day between Haifa and Tel Aviv.

2 hours ago, Jute said:

According to a few of the travel sites I have read there are trains almost 24 hours a day between Haifa and Tel Aviv.

Yeah, there's hourly trains through the night.

Think they don't run on the Sabbath though.

7 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Facebook post on the TA page and there’s someone arranging a convoy from Mike’s Place (sports bar) just off the beach in Tel Aviv 👍🏼

Edited to add - he’s apparently very trustworthy and has run buses before for the TA with great success so if you end up on Bus 8, dinnae worry 👍🏼

That'll be Davy Provan - the one-man Cyprus TA.

Great supporter of the Tartan Army Sunshine Appeal and all round good guy.

18 hours ago, McTeeko said:

What page is this? If it's the one ran by mad Rab then most of us are barred.

3 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Got your message mate, cheers. That guy who you told me runs it is an even bigger tadger than Rab though so won't be joining it :lol:

🤣

Give me a shout if you want me to book you a couple of seats on the Israel bus. 

Edited by McTeeko

20 hours ago, Larky Masher said:

The owner's post-football media career took-off so he sold it though I think it's still going.

Wasn't Avi Cohen's place was it? Didn't he die in a car smash or something a few years ago?

11 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

From my vague amount of research so far the Israeli national team will play in either Jerusalem of Tel Aviv with the most direct flight options from the UK coming into Haifa.

Both Tel Aviv and Jerusalem appear to be roughly equidistant from Haifa albeit in opposite directions.

You've mixed up Haifa and Tel Aviv