Brendan Rogers on Summer Friendlies and Lennon for the Job - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Brendan Rogers on Summer Friendlies and Lennon for the Job

Marty

My problem with Lennon is that he's a moaner.

The path to mediocrity is paved with excuses. That's all Lennon seems to have when his team fall short of the mark instead of giving insightful thought into how to do better.

Perhaps it's his version of deflecting criticism from the media and he's different behind closed doors but I wouldn't want our national team manager painting us out as martyrs when in actual fact our only excuses for the last 20  years is that we just haven't gotten our affairs in order well enough.

Can't stand the way Scottish football 'writers' report Rodgers as if he's some combination of Abraham Lincoln, Gandhi and Nelson Mandela. He actually talks large gobs of mince much of the time but with their Old Firm filters on all the time the 'writers' don't spot it.

The friendlies are a pretty daft idea from which we won't learn much. But not only will any Celtic players involved in the World Cup (I take it there are some?), and the likes of Arnasson at Aberdeen, get even less rest, they may not be available for any Euro qualifiers if their teams do well. So why is he targeting Scotland here? Because the Old Firm think they're bigger than the national team and aren't that bothered about it - but want the money for renting their stadiums.

As for Lennon - aye, right.

20 minutes ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

Can't stand the way Scottish football 'writers' report Rodgers as if he's some combination of Abraham Lincoln, Gandhi and Nelson Mandela. He actually talks large gobs of mince much of the time but with their Old Firm filters on all the time the 'writers' don't spot it.

The friendlies are a pretty daft idea from which we won't learn much. But not only will any Celtic players involved in the World Cup (I take it there are some?), and the likes of Arnasson at Aberdeen, get even less rest, they may not be available for any Euro qualifiers if their teams do well. So why is he targeting Scotland here? Because the Old Firm think they're bigger than the national team and aren't that bothered about it - but want the money for renting their stadiums.

As for Lennon - aye, right.

:lol: Very true. 

On 26/01/2018 at 11:06 PM, kumnio said:

Rodgers can STFU, he is an absolute cunt who fails at the first sign of a challenge, poor at Liverpool, couldnt replace Suarez, wasted millions and eventually sacked, failed in Europe with Celtic and bitches about money issues, fails to see basic flaws in his sides.

As for Lennon, not a hope in hell he would be right for Scotland. The gnarling guinea pig would piss off the vast majority of people within a few games.

This is bang on true.

Agree rodgers talks out his arse.  Also think the friendlies are a great idea, mexico won't treat it as a friendly, our players need to learn to play summer football in case we qualify for euro 2020.  

However, due to our low uefa coeeficient and their decision to hand all the places to the big leagues our top 4 teams have to start important games at the beginning of July.  I don't think any scotland players who play for prob Cel,Ran,Ab and hib should be selected.  We will still have a strong squad and if strachan had still been in charge none of these club's players would have been chosen anyway.

Our top 4 clubs will be back training on 15th June, so if they have a rest from the 20th May it will help them be fit for club and scotland in sept.   Also, players actually going to the wc their clubs are paid a good sum for them to compete.

1 hour ago, ScotlandWintheWorldCup said:

Agree rodgers talks out his arse.  Also think the friendlies are a great idea, mexico won't treat it as a friendly, our players need to learn to play summer football in case we qualify for euro 2020.  

However, due to our low uefa coeeficient and their decision to hand all the places to the big leagues our top 4 teams have to start important games at the beginning of July.  I don't think any scotland players who play for prob Cel,Ran,Ab and hib should be selected.  We will still have a strong squad and if strachan had still been in charge none of these club's players would have been chosen anyway.

Our top 4 clubs will be back training on 15th June, so if they have a rest from the 20th May it will help them be fit for club and scotland in sept.   Also, players actually going to the wc their clubs are paid a good sum for them to compete.

Agree and it would also let us know just how passionate the usual scapegoats on here are with regard to playing for Scotland and what do we do if some of our fringe players cant be arsed 

22 hours ago, todd said:

I wonder if Rodgers will stop Lustig playing in the world cup then.  Or is it only friendlies that cause burn out.

Going by comments made about listing by Celtic fans, I reckon they’d rather Rodgers stopped listing playing for Celtic :lol: