KenDoddDeid - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Before any other comedian does it

Ken Doadds deid

Is he?

Naw Doady

Fuck knows what's meant to funny about that but hopefully now he's deid that's the last we'll hear of it

You are not telling it right

"Did you hear that Ken Dodd died"

"Did he ?"

"No .. Doddy"

12 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Before any other comedian does it

Ken Doadds deid

Is he?

Naw Doady

Fuck knows what's meant to funny about that but hopefully now he's deid that's the last we'll hear of it

That's one of my favourite jokes of all time. 

On a par with trying to sell somebody a dukdoo.

13 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

He must be pushing 90 now, but just a few months ago I saw the Bournemouth Pavilion advertising his FOUR HOUR long show...

Four bloody hours???

He takes a lot of shutting up. I'd heard when he played the Glasgow Pavilion a few years back he was on stage til around midnight. He told the audience he didn't mind if anybody had to leave they were welcome to go home.

• 1 month later...

I've only seen/heard bits and pieces from him (An Audience With... for example) and to be honest I thought a lot of it was clever rather than funny.

Going back to my previous post about the advert promising a 4 hour long show last year and the long tours; I must admit I was intrigued by that...

Intrigued at how he could have 4 hours of fresh material and intrigued at who his audience might be; a loyal, long-term-fan audience was my conclusion.

Dara O'Brian tweeted today that he had attended one of Dodd's shows and it was 5 hours long (!)  

he was about as funny as Bob Monkhouse and Miranda put together. Was banged to rights from the evidence in his tax evasion trial but a scouse jury refused to convict him  - much like Gerrard got away with his assault. So the establishment give him a knighthood as well. Getting loads of arse licking pish on the North West of England news the night

16 hours ago, irnbruman said:

he was about as funny as Bob Monkhouse and Miranda put together. Was banged to rights from the evidence in his tax evasion trial but a scouse jury refused to convict him  - much like Gerrard got away with his assault. So the establishment give him a knighthood as well. Getting loads of arse licking pish on the North West of England news the night

it was around that time he got two new diddymen, diddypay and diddyfeck