Points Ladder - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Points Ladder

DoonTheSlope

With Yesterday's announcement that we have an away double heider away to Peru and Mexico, respectively, this will be the perfect opportunity for zero and low pointers to get a foot on the points ladder

It is far more than likely that these games will go down to Zero points, Id put my house on it. There shouldnt be anyone on here complaining about how they can't get any away points in the next year or so should we draw a France, Eire, England or Holland etc

Edited by DoonTheSlope

7 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

With Yesterday's announcement that we have an away double heider away to Peru and Mexico, respectively, this will be the perfect opportunity for zero and low pointers to get a foot on the points ladder

It is far more than likely that these games will go down to Zero points, Id put my house on it. There shouldnt be anyone on here complaining about how they can't get any away points in the next year or so should we draw a France, Eire, England or Holland etc

The reason people have Zero points is because they can't afford or want to go abroad to watch meaningless friendlies. I think  going to watch Peru and Mexico with a "b" team falls very much into both those categories

Just now, ceudmilefailte said:

The reason people have Zero points is because they can't afford or want to go abroad to watch meaningless friendlies. I think  going to watch Peru and Mexico with a "b" team falls very much into both those categories

So your saying people only want to go the big games? That's exactly why the points ladder is in place so the regular attendees get first refusal on match briefs

Everyone started of on zero points

1 minute ago, DoonTheSlope said:

So your saying people only want to go the big games? That's exactly why the points ladder is in place so the regular attendees get first refusal on match briefs

Everyone started of on zero points

It's not just the big games it's any competitive game. As it is even if low pointers had a chance to get a ticket for a qualifier they would not know until very close to the game again making it impossible money wise. Well done to the fans who go to all the games but there is something wrong with a system that differentiates between class so much.

See you at all the games when the kids are through Uni, the mortgage is paid of and I retire

33 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Get the fishing rod away.

• 2 months later...

Can someone who has better knowledge than myself tell me what will be the next game to drop off? I notice I still have Gibraltar on there for one of my points. I'm thinking that may be the one to disappear next once the Costa Rica points have been added.

3 hours ago, Ormond said:

Can someone who has better knowledge than myself tell me what will be the next game to drop off? I notice I still have Gibraltar on there for one of my points. I'm thinking that may be the one to disappear next once the Costa Rica points have been added.

Georgia will drop off when Hungary points go on then Gibraltar next.

2 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Georgia will drop off when Hungary points go on then Gibraltar next.

Costa Rica points have not been added yet though. So, am I right in thinking it would be Georgia and Gibraltar to drop off then before Peru and Mexico go on sale? 

9 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Think of them as two separate lots of points. The point for the Costa Rica game won't come off until we play another ten home games.

What a farce that home point pish is then.