Just me? - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Might be just because Scotland and Stoke are shit but I watched my first full 90 minute game of the season and not even a tingle when Aguero hit the side netting.  

I was in love with the game until a few years back where it became more out of habit but now I can go a full weekend without even checking the scores let alone watching highlights.  

Anyone else or is just a phase because my teams are toss?    

5 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Just you.

That was a smashing game of football.

Admittedly a rarity this season, but still a riveting game to watch.

Not just him at all, I feel exactly the same

about football nowadays. As good as that game may have been I don’t enjoy football the same unless it’s Fraserburgh, aberdeen or Scotland, aberdeen and Scotland are hard to get motivated for at times. 

The professional game is shite nowadays, money has destroyed it. 

Edited by vanderark14

7 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

I cannot contradict a word of your general analysis, but that was a good game today VDA, you've even said so yourself.

I said may have been a good game, I saw twenty minutes of it. Some horrendous defending from what I say but entertaining from a chances point of view

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I said may have been a good game, I saw twenty minutes of it. Some horrendous defending from what I say but entertaining from a chances point of view

Defending was p!sh throughout but I readily admit I was watching it thinking I should feel excited but it just wasn't there.  Maybe down to having the wee lass and having other things to do at weekends but it's weird that such a massive interest in my life seems to have disappeared.

19 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Sorry you missed the other 70 minutes then. Was an excellent spectacle from start to finish in my view. De Bruyne is a player and a half. 

Why sorry? I don’t care. I was out most of today doing other things, More important things. If I start staying in or making time to watch two teams which i Don’t care about I’d be as well giving up. 

20 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Defending was p!sh throughout but I readily admit I was watching it thinking I should feel excited but it just wasn't there.  Maybe down to having the wee lass and having other things to do at weekends but it's weird that such a massive interest in my life seems to have disappeared.

Same here, the money in the game, the cheating, the corruption, the champions league and other more important things in life have moved football well down the pecking order for me nowadays.

2 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Jeezuz - wind yer neck in will you.

You don't have to justify yourself to anyone as to why you watched 20 minutes of the game, and I don't have to justify to anyone why I watched the whole thing.

I did and you didn't.  I gave my opinion and so did you.

Wind my neck in? What are you on about? You said sorry you missed a great game so expressed why I didn’t care and there was no need to say sorry. No big deal drama queen :lol:

Not just you. I'd happily go to any game in person but I really can't be doing with the hype of the Ee Pee Hell or champions league. 

I keep abreast of what's happening in Scotland for obvious reasons but canny remember the last time I watched a game from the premiership down south. Scottish, lower league English and internationals only for me

Give me a lower league game over that greatest league in the world circus anyday

Edited by DoonTheSlope

I don’t think I’ve ever had a “tingle” when watching a game of football that doesn’t involve Aberdeen or Scotland. I just can’t get that feeling watching teams that I don’t care about. 

I imagine the closest to they feeling would’ve been Liverpool v Milan, or Man U v Bayern, but genuinley can’t recall having any sort of emotion from them. 

Think they were pretty much talking about this on off the ball yesterday. i have a genuine interest in Scottish football has a whole and would always watch the EPL every week as well but I'm at the stage were I don't even watch motd if I'm in on Saturday night. I don't know if it's because subconsciously I can pretty much see highlights/goals of any match with a flick of my phone or it's because I'm bored of the majority of English football. I have an interest in Liverpool as well so enjoyed that today but it's almost impossible to be bothered with the rest unless there's a scot involved. Say for instance If Tierney got a big move down there I would 100pc make an effort to watch his game. Might be rose tinted whatever's but the rot set in for English football probably around the mid 2000's. Back in the 90s you had proper characters and teams with identity that you bought into. The endless imports with zero personality, revolving failure mangers merry go around, pardew? Big Sam? Hodgson? They can fk off an'all. Even the foreign managers are flipping between jobs every 6 months.That probably all sounds a bit brexity I'm aware. 

Grateful for Scottish football to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Suspect euro 96 was my watershed moment

living in london didnt help ; the gentrification of the game

and zoe ball etc

dons in start of downward spiral

still try to watch Scotland games ; then Dons on highlights

other games tho ; struggling to think

Utter cunt of a woman.