Stuart Cosgrove - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Stuart Cosgrove

"The Hearts, The Jam Tarts, The Spare Parts, The Fanny Farts.... Ye cannae beat it"

One of the very few in the Scottish media who talks any sense. He along with Michael Stewart and Graham Speirs are the only ones I'd go out my way to listen too. The jury's still oot on Tom English 

18 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

"The Hearts, The Jam Tarts, The Spare Parts, The Fanny Farts.... Ye cannae beat it"

One of the very few in the Scottish media who talks any sense. He along with Michael Stewart and Graham Speirs are the only ones I'd go out my way to listen too. The jury's still oot on Tom English 

It’s no....Tom English is a cunt.

2 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Cosgrove, Michael Stewart and Tom English are the best we have in Scotland in my opinion. Speirs comes across as a bit pretentious at times but still Decent. Steven Thompson is decent as well.

The rest need shot.  

Agree completely, those 5 are good, the rest are absolutely useless. 

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

Was that who was arguing with Willie Miller today?

Tom English is the Irish guy

When I first heard him about 8years ago I agreed with everything he said but lately it's as though he's started toeing that line and no wanting to upset anyone

1 hour ago, Jim Beem said:

Cosgrove, Michael Stewart and Tom English are the best we have in Scotland in my opinion. Speirs comes across as a bit pretentious at times but still Decent. Steven Thompson is decent as well.

The rest need shot.  

If Speirs was chocolate he'd eat himself. He's a total fannybaws who thinks everything he says is important or right. 

He's a twat. 

The other that have been mentioned are good and I think Micheal Stewart is probably the most honest and sensible. 

Tom English took me some time to get used to but I think he's OK. 

Although Sutton is a big greetin wean who can't take losing he does actually occasionally make decent points. The problem is the pish to sensible ratio is too high. 

19 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Tom English is the Irish guy

When I first heard him about 8years ago I agreed with everything he said but lately it's as though he's started toeing that line and no wanting to upset anyone

Aye, that was him. He brought up stats about o’neill today, that he had won 60 odd % of his last two campaign matches, Miller responded by saying maybe so, but he has only 34% wins overall and English started telling him to forget about stats as it was irrelevant :lol:

Edited by dandydunn

I like Tom English, and enjoyed him tearing into Chick Young and Willie Miller today. Richard Gordon was clearly upset at someone talking to Miller like that. English, Stewart and Spiers are as good as we have up here at the moment, which is perhaps to damn with faint praise.

24 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

I like Tom English, and enjoyed him tearing into Chick Young and Willie Miller today. Richard Gordon was clearly upset at someone talking to Miller like that. English, Stewart and Spiers are as good as we have up here at the moment, which is perhaps to damn with faint praise.

From the Little I heard today, he was just making a fool of himself. 

He used stats that he wanted and told Miller that the ones he was using weren’t relevant. 

Just made himself sound very silly and childish. 

11 hours ago, dandydunn said:

From the Little I heard today, he was just making a fool of himself. 

He used stats that he wanted and told Miller that the ones he was using weren’t relevant. 

Just made himself sound very silly and childish. 

Nah. It was willie miller who looked daft imo. The attempt to disparage O'Neil's achievements, particularly at Shamrock Rovers, was bizarre. 

11 hours ago, Pool Q said:

No he showed Miller and Young up as dicks. Not difficulty to be fair.

Correct. 

Miller and Young were arguing that Strachan should have been kept on and that O'Neill had done nothing in management to suggest he was qualified for the job. English pointed out that Strachan had been given two chance and failed in both, and that O'Neill had  taken the Northern Ireland squad to one Finals and had a good go at another one. He made it clear that he thought Miller and Young were talking shite (which they were). Miller clearly isn't used to being spoken to like that (Young probably is) and didn't like it, and I thought Richard Gordon might cry.

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Nah. It was willie miller who looked daft imo. The attempt to disparage O'Neil's achievements, particularly at Shamrock Rovers, was bizarre. 

Correct. 

As I said, I heard little of it, but if you’re going to use stats in an arguement, you can’t throw toys out of the pram when someone else uses them against you and say they’re irrelevant.