If moving to Scotland.... - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

25 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

The tandoori is decent too :ok:

The echt show is to be avoided for outsiders though, it always ends in a battle royal :lol:

my cousins normally in past, been show chairmen, & treasurer - likely still the same

i used to help out on bar @ the show  - busy though - & fermers only drink Grouse - used to be standing joke 

13 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

Anywhere west o'  Bishy & Linwood and south o' The Port and your posh <_<

Were you Anna McCurley? :ph34r:

I had to google her, ffs what age do you think I am, I was too busy strutting along to Saturday Night Fever at Toledo Junction in her day. 

I was brought up in Glenburn and Foxbar in Paisley, and am the perfect example of ‘you can take the girl out of Paisley ‘ 😊

It might depend how much they wanted to access cultural things like https://www.goethe.de/ins/gb/en/sta/gla.html or things like bier halles http://republicbierhalle.com/  in Glasgow... rather being isolated in some overgrown village the wrong side of Barrhead

Or if you didn't mind being away from the city, or if you came from the middle of a flat northern German plain you might like a bit of west highland coastal scenery... could do worse than a Helensburgh or Rhu, fast train to Glasgow, hop over the Erskine bridge to GLA.

And of course best access to international-level football

Edited by exile

1 hour ago, Alan said:

I bought Ally McCoists old home.

Really? Or have I been wooshed? 🙂 If not, is it his old old house  or the one near the golf course? He has had 2 houses in BOW.   I havent seen him about for ages so not sure if he still lives here.