Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bristolhibby

6 Nations - Who’s going?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Good game so far but Scots' mistakes being punished. 

Sums it up really. Thought we were better in  the first half and should have gone in at the break in the lead. Second hand we looked too eager and that led to some poor handling as we were over anxious.  Bit frustrating

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, macy37 said:

Jumped on the train today at Berwick-upon-Tweed to go meet a mate in Edinburgh. The bunch of toffee nosed Henry cunts with red cords stood on the platform was incredible. Rugby truly is a game for rancid putrid wankers.

I forgot to mention Tweed jackets and cunty bunnets too. Vile specimens.

Did you pass your thoughts on to them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Started well, and looked good in the first half when game was open, their gifted try aside. They tightened it up in the second half, and the constant errors from Scotland meant Ireland didn't actually have to do very much to secure a fairly comfortable win in the end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Stereotyping rugby fans as in such a way you have is just as bad people who stereotype football fans as drunken thugs

True however. What a sight, all dolled up from Archie Humes shop. Cunts one and all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2019 at 2:28 PM, macy37 said:

Jumped on the train today at Berwick-upon-Tweed to go meet a mate in Edinburgh. The bunch of toffee nosed Henry cunts with red cords stood on the platform was incredible. Rugby truly is a game for rancid putrid wankers.

I forgot to mention Tweed jackets and cunty bunnets too. Vile specimens.

I'd say grown men rolling around pretending to be hurt on football pitch would be better described as putrid wankers but crack on with the stereotyping. I've met much more arseholes at football matches than I ever will at rugby matches.

Edited by vanderark14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pool Q said:

Started well, and looked good in the first half when game was open, their gifted try aside. They tightened it up in the second half, and the constant errors from Scotland meant Ireland didn't actually have to do very much to secure a fairly comfortable win in the end. 

What's your thoughts on the advantages played by the referee? Seemed excessive to me but in saying that, Scotland beat themselves yesterday. You can't make that many errors and expect anything a team of Ireland's talent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me and my son are coming up for the Wales game on March 9th. Train from Crewe early doors and straight back after the game. Few beers on the day. Looking forward to it. Can anyone recommend a decent pub between Haymarket Station and the stadium? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Me and my son are coming up for the Wales game on March 9th. Train from Crewe early doors and straight back after the game. Few beers on the day. Looking forward to it. Can anyone recommend a decent pub between Haymarket Station and the stadium? 

Red cords?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, macy37 said:

Red cords?

I am assuming that is a joke :-) It was a Christmas present. My lad has never been to Murrayfield.  Combats btw. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

all the pubs on the way will be busy, there was a large Irish bar round the corner from haymarket across from the Leonardo hotel its big enough ,If I remember rightly it used to be some sort of pool hall before I was very surprised at its transformation .Depending on what side of murrayfield you are sitting there is a Tile showroom right outside murrayfield which turns into a bar on match days...Bizzare but very clever and the toilets are very nice......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

What's your thoughts on the advantages played by the referee? Seemed excessive to me but in saying that, Scotland beat themselves yesterday. You can't make that many errors and expect anything a team of Ireland's talent

French refs tend to play long advantage. It felt like he called a couple early for Scotland as soon as we crossed the gain line, but let Ireland go well beyond it , through several phases, before going back to an earlier infringement. Over and above that I felt he went with Ireland on countless 50/50s. When a scrum  collapsed he pinged us every time. It is a question of ref management, Ireland have been great at it for years. Best was in Pointe's ear at every breakdown, often with no Scot in sight. Not for the first time after Laidlaw went off there were occasions when the ref was looking for the Scotland captain, and it wasn't clear who it was. In the professional era these are basics. This is easily fixable stuff. That said, the errors cost us the game. Jones knock on from a restart gave them the position for their first try, and then their was a clueless feck up between Seymour and Maitland. Handling errors in the second half came close to the comical. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, davierobbsagod said:

all the pubs on the way will be busy, there was a large Irish bar round the corner from haymarket across from the Leonardo hotel its big enough ,If I remember rightly it used to be some sort of pool hall before I was very surprised at its transformation .Depending on what side of murrayfield you are sitting there is a Tile showroom right outside murrayfield which turns into a bar on match days...Bizzare but very clever and the toilets are very nice......

Thanks for this. I will keep your suggestions in mind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Pool Q said:

French refs tend to play long advantage. It felt like he called a couple early for Scotland as soon as we crossed the gain line, but let Ireland go well beyond it , through several phases, before going back to an earlier infringement. Over and above that I felt he went with Ireland on countless 50/50s. When a scrum  collapsed he pinged us every time. It is a question of ref management, Ireland have been great at it for years. Best was in Pointe's ear at every breakdown, often with no Scot in sight. Not for the first time after Laidlaw went off there were occasions when the ref was looking for the Scotland captain, and it wasn't clear who it was. In the professional era these are basics. This is easily fixable stuff. That said, the errors cost us the game. Jones knock on from a restart gave them the position for their first try, and then their was a clueless feck up between Seymour and Maitland. Handling errors in the second half came close to the comical. 

I thought the forwarding passing was just as comical, especially the last one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Truthfully didn't really notice that at the ground and haven't seen highlights. I didn't come away from the ground thinking that the ref had played a major role in shaping the result. Scotland made far too many basic errors, the second half performance was pretty poor. Those players can do a lot better than that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Pool Q said:

Truthfully didn't really notice that at the ground and haven't seen highlights. I didn't come away from the ground thinking that the ref had played a major role in shaping the result. Scotland made far too many basic errors, the second half performance was pretty poor. Those players can do a lot better than that.

I came away thinking the ref had a poor game, but that it didn't really affect the result because Scotland made so many errors. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×