6 Nations - Who’s going? - Page 11 - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

6 Nations - Who’s going?

Bristolhibby

Never understood why the maxim of 'a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush' seems not to apply in the game of rugby.

Yet again we saw Scotland not take points on offer from penalties in favour of gambling on a try, when taking all the available points would ultimately have seen us through by successive approximation.

13 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Never understood why the maxim of 'a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush' seems not to apply in the game of rugby.

Yet again we saw Scotland not take points on offer from penalties in favour of gambling on a try, when taking all the available points would ultimately have seen us through by successive approximation.

Hugely frustrating. 

This Welsh team is shaping up to be the poorest ever grand slam winner...

4 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Hugely frustrating. 

This Welsh team is shaping up to be the poorest ever grand slam winner...

Or they might just be better than folk think? Their handling and ball retention is pretty good, to be fair. 

Just take the points available when they are on offer. Is that really so difficult?

Fuck off with excuses like the wind and shite like that.

Do what's necessary when you have the chance to do what's necessary.

Scotland did not do that yesterday. If they had done they may well have won that game.

After the first half I thought we we going to get hammered. I thought Scotland dominated the second half and got very close to winning the game. However I also thought the Welsh has another gear and always seemed in control. Brilliant day at Murrayfield. Very impressed with the set up in and around the stadium. Its a weird concept being treated like adults at a major sporting occasion in Scotland. 

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

This is going to be a big defeat for us today, especially If Ireland win

Agreed. I honestly thought we would have had a better six nations than this. Our defence was shocking. So we beat Engerlish,and, Ireland beat Wales, the Irish lift the trophy. Or Wales win, they win it anyway regardless. I would hate the thought of the Engerlish winning the six nations at our expense. Come on Scotland!!!! Alba Gu Brath...

Am I reading the table right? It looks to me, that if Ireland beat Wales, even if they also get a bonus point, then any victory for England would win them the title, due to their far superior points difference? I don't think England would need the bonus point, although they will probably get it anyway.

4 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Am I reading the table right? It looks to me, that if Ireland beat Wales, even if they also get a bonus point, then any victory for England would win them the title, due to their far superior points difference? I don't think England would need the bonus point, although they will probably get it anyway.

I'm trying to make sense of it Oraloon. If Wales beat Ireland, they will win it no matter what. In order for Engerlish to win they have to beat Scotland and hope Ireland beat Wales which is unlikely. Think that is correct, although I'm not 100 percent sure. Ireland can win if they beat Wales and Scotland beat Engerlish. Fuck me I'm confused again. 🤣

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Yes, that is how it works, just checked BBC Scotland. Wales only need a draw to win the six nations outright. Stick to Celtic chat Ramy. 😉

Nah, Wales need to win. Otherwise England can take the title by beating us.

11 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Aye, at least we don't need to worry about England winning the Championship now.:lol:

I think we all agree on that.  Its been a disappointing six nations form a Scotland point of view.  Last year was really encouraging but this year never really got started.