6 Nations - Who’s going? - Page 9 - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

6 Nations - Who’s going?

Bristolhibby

20 hours ago, Duncan Blackheart said:

Must be awful! 

Tell me about it!

Wandering about town, seeing the sights, having a few beers.

Still a few Scots dotted about. There’s quite a few on our Bristol flight at our hotel.

J

• 10 months later...

Lots of questions. Back row is at bare bones, can that Edinburgh front five do the same at this level as they’ve been doing domestically, what’s Sam Johnson going to be like at this level. Need to be on our game for this, Italy will be fired up and looking to turn us over - their clubs have been playing well this year in the Pro14.

Midfield looks fragile at this level, not least defensively, and Hastings and Harris on the bench is a worry.. Hopefully start on the front foot and with luck Russell will have one of his good days. Forwards look stronger, the Edinburgh tight-five have been outstanding (as has Ritchie), does look like we may be keeping it tight. Again bench not great though. Looking forward to the match, must surely be less cold than Rugby Park last night.

20 hours ago, Pool Q said:

Midfield looks fragile at this level, not least defensively, and Hastings and Harris on the bench is a worry.. Hopefully start on the front foot and with luck Russell will have one of his good days. Forwards look stronger, the Edinburgh tight-five have been outstanding (as has Ritchie), does look like we may be keeping it tight. Again bench not great though. Looking forward to the match, must surely be less cold than Rugby Park last night.

Thought Harris did well when he came on. We looked in total control until we went 33-3 up and then allowed the Italians into it. I'd have likes to see us go for at least one more try but I guess a win is a win and that was vital yesterday. 

Huge match next weekend

15 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

It's on the wife's bucket list to go to a game, so can't do away with her yet.

How easy will it be to get 2020 Scotland-France tickets and when?

Not that easy, particularly as there are only 2 home games that year. Your best bet is to join a local rugby club and go into the ballot for tickets. You also need an I.D. with the SRU ticketing site - get one of those and sign up to the ticket alerts. 

http://www.scottishrugby.org/tickets-events/guinness-six-nations-championship-2019

Thankfully the squad looks stronger overall this week to take on what is likely to be a very fired up Ireland. We faded badly last week when we started to go to the bench. Kinghorn obviously unlucky to be dropped, but having the likes of him, Horne, Brown, Toolis and Harley on the bench looks a lot better. 

5 hours ago, biffer said:

Uh, yeah. That's basically what I said.

Except you didn’t lower yourself to anything. You simply showed yourself as the classless welt you really are

You’d be hard pushed to find any posts where I’ve hurled childish insults towards a fellow poster in the manner in which you replied to me

10 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Except you didn’t lower yourself to anything. You simply showed yourself as the classless welt you really are

You’d be hard pushed to find any posts where I’ve hurled childish insults towards a fellow poster in the manner in which you replied to me

you can't really moan when you go on a fishing trip and someone bites. If you don;t like rugby, fair enough but there's no need to try and ruin the discussion for others. 

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

you can't really moan when you go on a fishing trip and someone bites. If you don;t like rugby, fair enough but there's no need to try and ruin the discussion for others. 

I never ruined any discussion, I merely stated I’d rather take the dug a Walk than watch rugby. 

It was Biffer who lowered the tone of the discussion by calling me a twat to which I responded in a similar manner

Jumped on the train today at Berwick-upon-Tweed to go meet a mate in Edinburgh. The bunch of toffee nosed Henry cunts with red cords stood on the platform was incredible. Rugby truly is a game for rancid putrid wankers.

I forgot to mention Tweed jackets and cunty bunnets too. Vile specimens.

2 hours ago, macy37 said:

Jumped on the train today at Berwick-upon-Tweed to go meet a mate in Edinburgh. The bunch of toffee nosed Henry cunts with red cords stood on the platform was incredible. Rugby truly is a game for rancid putrid wankers.

I forgot to mention Tweed jackets and cunty bunnets too. Vile specimens.

Stereotyping rugby fans as in such a way you have is just as bad people who stereotype football fans as drunken thugs