Lewis Morgan - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

4 minutes ago, bonzo said:

You seem to have a Sean connery key on your keyboard/phone!!! 

I thought it was a viable question. 

Fair enough. I gave it more thought. Yes. He is far better havin a crack at Celtic. He may sit on the bench. He will learn though. Just my opinion, I think he made the right move.. Love the Sean Connery comment. 😂

It's all part of the way Celtic operate now. Any young player who looks semi-promising can be bought up for buttons (relatively), loaned out to develop and then, if they are good enough, brought in to the Celtic first team. 

If they're not good enough for Celtic, it's likely the player will have had enough exposure to enable them to sell for a profit to the Championship in England. If not, then they it doesn't really matter. They'll have lost £300k, which they can easily swallow. 

All the while they'll whine about Scottish football not being competitive enough to enable them to compete in Europe. 

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

It's all part of the way Celtic operate now. Any young player who looks semi-promising can be bought up for buttons (relatively), loaned out to develop and then, if they are good enough, brought in to the Celtic first team. 

If they're not good enough for Celtic, it's likely the player will have had enough exposure to enable them to sell for a profit to the Championship in England. If not, then they it doesn't really matter. They'll have lost £300k, which they can easily swallow. 

All the while they'll whine about Scottish football not being competitive enough to enable them to compete in Europe. 

Good point..

4 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Just a question. Was reading a bit on young Lewis. Was he on Sevcos books as a youngster? They let him go? Cheers.. BR1314

Already mentioned...

On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 6:17 PM, Toepoke said:

Too wee for Rangers apparently.