@doontheslope - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

@doontheslope

What’s everyone’s favourite xmas song then?

I can’t pick one, they’re all fantastic. 

Apart from the one Coldplay just had on magic Xmas, but that’s maybe just because I fucking detest Chris Martin. 

The Elbow version of Golden Slumber for the John Lewis advert is amazing. 

6 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

What’s everyone’s favourite xmas song then?

I can’t pick one, they’re all fantastic. 

Apart from the one Coldplay just had on magic Xmas, but that’s maybe just because I fucking detest Chris Martin. 

Ffs I thought for a minute my twin was deid. 😢 It truly is a Christmas miracle.

In keeping with my attempt to win the most boring mainstream poster of the year I will go with Mariah Carey, there is no doubt for me at all in this. Catchy wee tune that never fails to lift me. 

Band aid ‘do they know its Christmas  ‘ I find very emotional, I regularly greet at it . 

Last one, ‘Wish it could be Christmas Every Day’. As brilliant as the day it was released. 

6 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

This is my favourite. Sums up xmas perfectly.

I have that on my I POD, however it has been disabled in case it comes up on an Xmas Shuffle.....

My fav is Santas a Scotsman...

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwitkai0npvYAhXFC8AKHZoZDkMQyCkIKTAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DvkpOfHW75ck&usg=AOvVaw26EFytsfPOly9SPGWR5niT

I'll go for a three song medley of Last Christmas, All I Want For Christmas Is You and Don't Let The Bells End

I do like Erasure doing Guadete and I Wonder If The Snow Will Settle by Clearlake

I used to enjoy Rock n' Roll Christmas that used to be on an old Now Xmas cd in the work then one day someone told us it was Gary Glitter

The worst of all though must be Fairytale of New York

Edited by DoonTheSlope

4 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I'll go for a three song medley of Last Christmas, All I Want For Christmas Is You and Don't Let The Bells End

I do like Erasure doing Guadete and I Wonder If The Snow Will Settle by Clearlake

I used to enjoy Rock n' Roll Christmas that used to be on an old Now Xmas cd in the work then one day someone told us it was Gary Glitter

Agree re Fairytale of New York. 

4 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

All his posts would have been worth twice as much as they were before.

Had the pleasure of conversing with him a few times. He was an incredibly down to Earth guy. 

Edited by Ormond

5 hours ago, dandydunn said:

I know it's in an advert but is it really a Christmas song?

4 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Fairytale is a great song but it's horribly overplayed.

I heard Bob Dylan's "Must Be Santa" on the radio today, that's becoming a modern Christmas classic to my ears. Funny how it can take a song a few years for that to happen.

My karaoke choice would be Johnny Mathis' "When a Child is Born". Cannae beat attempting an American speaking voice after a few sherbets for the middle bit.

My current fave is probably this old bit of Xmas funk...

Edited by Toepoke

20 minutes ago, Ormond said:

You'll be missed Son. :worried:

See the source image

I'm wanting a candlelit vigil ootside Parkheid and them all to sing "something inside so strong"

Id appreciate it if my ashes could be scattered in cosmos restaurant, ideally about 80 from the front door and on your left. I always said when I used to go to the dancing that I wanted my ashes scattered on the mood dancefloor