Radio Station at Work - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Radio Station at Work

What does everyone listen to at work?

We get stuck with Forth2 which seems to play the same 20 or 30 songs over and over and over again. If I hear Hall & Oates singing Maneater once more I'm going go aff my heid

If it's not that it's Forth1. The musics bad enough without that arsehole Boogie and that auld Bint havering utter shite all morning. Hearts just as bad, Robin Galloways wind ups might have been humorous about 15 years ago but they certainly aren't funny now

If it was upto me it would be either Smooth FM for some golden oldies or Radio2 for some reasoned discussion along with great pop music both old and new

Edited by DoonTheSlope

At work we generally have a policy of no music - simply because it always ends in an argument. Some folk want peace and quiet others want now-that's-what-i-call-cheesy-techno.

Many years ago I worked at a place that played Clyde1 all day, drove me nuts. It was the adverts. Larry's Laminate Land and Tony at Tile-It-All, all day, everyday :hammer:

As a born and bred Edinburgh lad who has worked in EK for 15 years and who enjoys the Edinburgh/Weegie banter I have to admit that the Clyde 1 breakfast show kicks the ass out of the Forth 1 equivalent. 

That Arlene on Forth 1 does my heid in with that fucking laugh. Pisses me off after a nightshift heading back along the M8 when I lose Bowie and get Boogie 😠

57 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Can't believe folk are allowed to listen to radio at work. Dae some work ya lazy fukers.

Bet they still get tea breaks as well 🙄

Try having Sky News and Bloomberg on loop all day if we are having a competition for mind numbing boredom. 

Sunny G FM...  103.5   Brilliant....  Listen whenever i can....  

sometmes they dont turn up for work and its not on..

It is only available around Glasgow , surprisingly enough,,,  Although they are launching an App in the new year, whatever that will do

Give it a listen, nae much shite, loadsa new and non mainstream stuff on it..

Used to congregate in the lab each morning for the radio2 quiz.   Not that I ever got many questions right.   Was pretty competitive and a good laugh, and the boss would know it was good team bonding ;)

Don't find much music I like on the radio (since the Radio6 Rock Show was killed).   Don't even like the Radio1 Rock Show any more.   Wondering if I'm just old (stop laughing at the the back), or if this is just another shitty decade like the 80s.

Maybe you get your brain wired at 15 and after 51 :ph34r: it's a pot scrubber.

Guest BlueGaz

We used to flick between Forth and Absolute Rock, but a couple of the youngsters in the office have gone now, and those still here don't mind Absolute Rock, so we pretty much stick with that.  Bit repetitive with certain songs over a week period, but daily its great, unless you are not into rock of course.

Before I got dab radio, it was original 106 or Absolute. 

Now its radio x, with the odd magic xmas being flicked on for my fix. 

If I don’t get to listen to radio at work, I go into an almighty strop. 

I love when an apprentice walks in and even attempts to get radio 1 on :lol:

Northsound is absolutely fucking rotten. 

Edited by dandydunn

I have to admit that i was originally a sceptic but Clare Grogan's slot on Absolute 80s is usually tremendous

Plays a lot of the Scottish Indy scene from that time along with The Smiths etc