Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 6:08 PM, scottincarlisle said:

Going to see Glasvegas at the Old Fire Station in Carlisle in a few weeks.

Anyone seen them in recent times ?

Think the last time I saw them was in oslo the day after the Chuckle Brothers played for us at centre half, we lost 4-0 and one of them got sent off.

Oya Festival. Arctic Monkey's/Glasvegas headlined it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

September - Halestorm at the Academy

October - Jon Spencer at Broadcast

November - Virginmarys at Stereo

Also looking at Killing Joke, Cowboy Junkies, Clutch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2018 at 9:37 AM, Squirrelhumper said:

Got Gerry Cinnamon tickets for the Barras in December.

4 nights sold out in 3 minutes.

Let the haters hate.

Tickets go on sale for Aberdeen on Friday, missed out last time as they went in minutes and we’re like gold dust. 

Hopefully have more luck Friday 🤞🏽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Tickets go on sale for Aberdeen on Friday, missed out last time as they went in minutes and we’re like gold dust. 

Hopefully have more luck Friday 🤞🏽

Playing killie too now. 

I'll see him supporting Courteeners in November,  then Killie and Barras in December.  That's if i get killie tickets!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to see James and The Charlatans twice in December.  Toying with going through to Edinburgh for Franz Ferdinand at Hogmanay but don't really want to pay £200+ for a hotel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to see Tears For Fears at the Hydro tonight

Sensational

As an added bonus Alison Moyet was the support

To put it into perspective - I turned 18 in 1985 and could legally go to the boozer which was the same year Everybody Wants To Rule The World was Number 1

If someone had said that 33 years later i would be at a Tears For Fears concert ....................

Maudlin Memory Lane indeed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

Off to see James in Carlisle tonight.

An acoustic then electric sets apparently. 

What did you think?  I was in Edinburgh on Monday night and thought it was fantastic, great to hear some of the more obscure tracks and the acoustic set was a great idea.  Only criticism would be that the last minute addition of the choir (they'd basically done a flashmob thing outside the gig and the band invited them to perform with them at the encore) led to them bringing in a few songs they've been resting and wouldn't have usually made the setlist.  I reckon I've seen Sometimes in an encore now about 20 times in a row and it's getting a wee bit tired!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shed Seven in November now for me. Possibly Happy Mondays in October too. 

Also gonna see Deaf Havana, Idlewild, Fatherson, Lucia and Pins at the brewdog agm in a couple of weeks. 

Only heard of Idlewild, anyone any ideas on the rest  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2019 at 7:30 PM, dandydunn said:

Shed Seven in November now for me. Possibly Happy Mondays in October too. 

Also gonna see Deaf Havana, Idlewild, Fatherson, Lucia and Pins at the brewdog agm in a couple of weeks. 

Only heard of Idlewild, anyone any ideas on the rest  

The 1990's lives on! I'm going with a group of mates. Multiple combos of greying hair, thinning locks, badly fitting shirts with buttons stretched close to popping and mentions of going to The Garage for old times sake (luckily will not happen).

Also got

Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever

Peter Perret

Lucy Rose

The Strokes. Interpol etc

Cure. Mogwai. Twilight Sad etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alan said:

The 1990's lives on! I'm going with a group of mates. Multiple combos of greying hair, thinning locks, badly fitting shirts with buttons stretched close to popping and mentions of going to The Garage for old times sake (luckily will not happen).

Also got

Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever

Peter Perret

Lucy Rose

The Strokes. Interpol etc

Cure. Mogwai. Twilight Sad etc

Group of 4 of us going, age ranging between 32 and 54 👍🏽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...