Gigs 2K18 - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

On 6/3/2018 at 4:50 PM, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Young Fathers in Leith Theatre last night, probably one of the best gigs I have been to in many a year.

This post makes me smile, it’s a nice change from seeing Absent Fathers and Leith being in the same sentence 

26 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Second concert of 2018 is in doubt. Joseph Jackson’s deid so might need to kybosh it. I’m fucked if I’m going to Scotfest and sit outside for 7 hours to watch the Bay City Rollers and 911

😥

I hope the family didnae call 911 for help. Their singing probably finished him off. 

On 6/25/2018 at 10:24 AM, Grim Jim said:

After their TRANSMT appearance, The Temperance Movement will be in King Tut's.   Says 11.30pm?!?!   Just gone on sale.

Got a ticket for that on the back of a recommendation from my mate.

We're going to TRNSMT that day, but won't make it in on time to see them play so got tickets for that later on.

19 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Just seen a video of Ned Sheeran at the transmit festival. It looked like proper ned central when the camera cut to the crowd

It wasn't anywhere near as bad as TITP was in it's later days. I actually though the crowd was decent. Never saw one hint of trouble.

PS - get some original patter.

PPS - It's TRNSMT

Will be trying for McCartney tickets when they go on sale next week.  I'd imagine it'll be one of the last times he plays up here given the last one was nearly 10 years ago.  Quite glad it's in the Hydro too as opposed to Hampden.

8 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Will be trying for McCartney tickets when they go on sale next week.  I'd imagine it'll be one of the last times he plays up here given the last one was nearly 10 years ago.  Quite glad it's in the Hydro too as opposed to Hampden.

Aye I'm tempted with tickets for the same reason.

23 hours ago, Lion Rampant said:

Going to see Queen & Adam Lambert tonight at TRNSMT. Hopefully catch Gun and Mason Hill whilst i'm there.

Then onto King Tut's to see the Temperance Movement at 23.30 🤘

That was a wee bit alright :bouncy:

On 6 July 2018 at 11:21 AM, Lion Rampant said:

Going to see Queen & Adam Lambert tonight at TRNSMT. Hopefully catch Gun and Mason Hill whilst i'm there.

Then onto King Tut's to see the Temperance Movement at 23.30 🤘

Queen  + Adam Lambert were brilliant - full 2 hour set.

45 minutes ago, Mindimoo said:

Queen  + Adam Lambert were brilliant - full 2 hour set.

👍

Justin Hawkins from The Darkness was very entertaining too.

Texas - meh, Sharleen Spiteri a little too condescending for me. Hello Geeeesgo, how are you Gleeesgo, so great to be here Gleeesgo. Over and over.

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

👍

Texas - meh, Sharleen Spiteri a little too condescending for me. Hello Geeeesgo, how are you Gleeesgo, so great to be here Gleeesgo. Over and over.

Wid

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

👍

We went on the rides when Texas were on but could still here her whittering on shite.

4 hours ago, Mindimoo said:

We went on the rides when Texas were on but could still here her whittering on shite.

To be fair , that could have been me you heard 🙂

I havent been to a ‘festival’ since the first TITP,  I really enjoyed it. As you said, Queen were brilliant.

It was a lot more civilised than I expected, no doubt due to the average age being about 85 ( you obviously dragged it down from 110) 

Mr Tdyer was not happy that there was no McEwans export. I was no happy that he decided to choose voddy and red bull as his new favourite drink, at £7.50 a pop. And he had the cheek to buy a 1/2 pint Carlsberg as a chaser.  

We bought VIP tickets so we could get a seat. Nothing says ‘old fooker’ like paying a premium to help your bad back. 

Was well worth it though, would definetely go back. 

Gig venues just don't seem to do beer.   i.e. just lager.   £4 for a Carling or such like.

After some of yon shite, I thought I'd save myself some toing and froing once upon a time, and bought two double Jaegers (£20 ffs! ) for me and my mate.   I take a sip, but Cupid Stunt takes his and necks it, and then realises it was a good serving.   Fekker feels the favour needs to be returned and scarpers to the bar before I could complain :whistling:

10mins later... puggled.   Great gig, but don't ask me what the set list was :guitar:

(Mastodon at the Barras btw.   We ended up slumped in Baird's Bar afterwards watching 1967 TV.)

• 1 month later...