Gigs 2K18 - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

On 15/12/2017 at 5:36 PM, TDYER63 said:

Fratellis at the Barras

Stereophonics at the Hydro

Del Amtri at Edinburgh Castle 

And before I win the award for the most boring mainstream member of the board I have booked tix for Brothers Osbourne at the Garage on the back of an introduction to their music from a board member who shall remain anonymous .

However if Fringos jokes dry up after May you may have reasonable grounds for concern. 

Only just seen this. :lol:

16 hours ago, fringo said:

Only just seen this. :lol:

You should be out enjoying your last few weeks Mr Fringo 😁

I have recently booked tix for Queen and Adam Lambert at the TRNSMT festival. The other day I told someone I was going to see Queen and Adam Sandler 🙂

I saw Queen with Freddie Mercury in Paris just a year before he died so hoping I am not disappointed.   

• 3 weeks later...

Going to see Twin Atlantic and Maximo Park amongst others at the Brewdog agm tomorrow, think there’s 6 bands in total playing. 

Gonna be my first real drinking day in 3 months after a strict gym and diet programme, should be interesting to see the outcome :rollsmile:

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2017 at 11:07 PM, buckielugger said:

Yes quite deid! That's part of the attraction...never seen a dead singer before! I'm expecting  a spirited performance from Roy 😎 ...The Big Oooooo 😎

And a storming performance from Roy! Woooed the audience completely. Only disappointment was i didnt get his autograph at the end....

• 1 month later...

Seen Ezra Furnam at the O2 Abc on Monday night . It is a reasonably small venue and a bloke walked by me wearing a scotland top, pair of cargo shorts  and carrying a small rucksack. I thought he had missed his flight to Peru and just turned up at a random gig.  

LCD Soundsystem at Galvanisers Yard last weekend was, as the kids say, off the hook!!  Cracking wee outdoor venue helped greatly by the Bank Holiday weekend weather.  LCD were on fore from start to finish and it was a cracking crowd too.  No pints throwing, no moronic chanthing, just people out to enjoy great music.  They need to iron out some issues with bar and toilet queues but it was only their second gig (I was at the first one on Friday for Belle & Sebastian) I'm sure they'll sort it out.  It's good that Glasgow's got another mid sized venue for when the Hydro is too big but the Academy & Barras are too wee.

58 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

LCD Soundsystem at Galvanisers Yard last weekend was, as the kids say, off the hook!!  Cracking wee outdoor venue helped greatly by the Bank Holiday weekend weather.  LCD were on fore from start to finish and it was a cracking crowd too.  No pints throwing, no moronic chanthing, just people out to enjoy great music.  They need to iron out some issues with bar and toilet queues but it was only their second gig (I was at the first one on Friday for Belle & Sebastian) I'm sure they'll sort it out.  It's good that Glasgow's got another mid sized venue for when the Hydro is too big but the Academy & Barras are too wee.

I'm not sure it's bigger than the Academy?

SWG3 is a great venue too, makes the loss of the Arches a bit easier to take.

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

It was a brilliant gig. I used the toilets inside venue, caught it when queue wasn't too bad. Rare occurrence but good to see a weegie crowd there to appreciate the music, rather than just another excuse to get blotto. Also good to see the venue name keeping connection with the galvanisers.

1 minute ago, Jon Cutler said:

It was a brilliant gig. I used the toilets inside venue, caught it when queue wasn't too bad. Rare occurrence but good to see a weegie crowd there to appreciate the music, rather than just another excuse to get blotto. Also good to see the venue name keeping connection with the galvanisers.

Think you're being a bit harsh on Glasgwegians there.

There are gigs on all over the city, every single day. Some huge, some tiny but doubt there's another city in the UK per head of population that can compete with Glasgow for live music.

Never really noticed the crowds at gigs being any worse behaved than elsewhere. Atmosphere definitely noticeably better in Glasgow though in my experience.

48 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'm not sure it's bigger than the Academy?

SWG3 is a great venue too, makes the loss of the Arches a bit easier to take.

I was told by someone who used to work for SWG3 that the capacity is 4K.  I did think that seemed on the high side but assumed he'd know.

*A quick check here confirms it is 4K.

https://swg3.tv/hire/galvanizers-yard

Edited by Fairbairn

On Monday, February 26, 2018 at 8:47 PM, loanhead-tartan said:

Would like to see them before one of them keels oor but dinny fancy paying over £100 to be up the back  

Saw them in the relatively 'intimate' surroundings of Southampton St. Mary's Stadium last week...

What the fuq The Stones were doing in Southampton, I don't know... Same with Dylan 3 years ago...

Fell on my feet; bought an £89 pitch ticket off of a genuine fan on the day and he only wanted £70 for it.

Anyway, they've still got it.

They were as great as ever, so if you can, go and see the dinosaurs in the zoo before they become extinct.

On Monday, February 26, 2018 at 8:48 PM, loanhead-tartan said:

Going to see Noel Gallagher at the castle in July 

I liked Oasis, but I didn't make any effort to engage with Noel's solo albums...  

Then saw him as a support act 3 times last year and thought he/they were excellent :guitar:

22 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Going to TRANSMT 8th July (Killers headlining). Just wondering if anyone else is going have received there tickets yet?

If it's The killers that are headlining you should be praying those tickets don't come through.

Was anyone else at David Byrne in Glasgow on Friday night?  Probably the best live show I've ever seen.  So much more than just a gig!  If you like Talking Heads and Byrne's music in any way I'd highly recommend getting tickets for the Hydro gig in October.