Gigs 2K18 - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, McDange said:

Only 1 booked so far. Guns N' Roses at the Olympiastadion in Berlin  :headbang: 

Went to see them in Paris back in July and it was the best gig I've ever been to.

Was hoping to book one of the festivals they are headlining this year with the Foo Fighters (my partner is a fan) but I've got stag dos or weddings on those dates.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Larky Masher said:

Thinking about The The but just bought tickets for Peter Hook and the Light doing Technique and Republic, not 100% sure why I did this as these were my favourite New Order albums but hope he'll be giving his as opposed to Barney's (almost bassless) version of Republic

That in Glasgow? (or nearby?)

Decent wee run of gigs coming up. Four Tet at the Barrowlands next Friday, Tune Yards in Edinburgh next month, The Streets at The barras in April, Bicep in Edinburgh and then U.S. Girls and Jungle in May.

All starts tomorrow with Kendrick Lamar at the Hydro, probably the best rapper of his generation and a back catalogue that could arguably put him in the discussion to be on of the best thats ever done it.

Edited by Mox

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/02/2018 at 2:30 PM, Larky Masher said:

Thinking about The The but just bought tickets for Peter Hook and the Light doing Technique and Republic, not 100% sure why I did this as these were my favourite New Order albums but hope he'll be giving his as opposed to Barney's (almost bassless) version of Republic

Managed to get a ticket for one of The The's pre-tour warm up gigs at the Rescue Rooms in Nottingham. 450 capacity. Should be excellent. ☺

Saw Lewis Capaldi there a couple of weeks ago and have Tom Walker coming up at the same venue.

Also get tickets for Pale Waves and Shame in Leicester. 

Booked tickets for the Y Festival in Derbyshire. Decent line up at a decent price. Actually going to camp at a festival for the first time in about 20 years!

Sheeran in the summer.

Saw Lady Gaga in Birmingham at the start of the month. Brilliant concert.

7 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Was at the Hydro last night seeing the Stereophonics. Mainstream  at its best ❤️

Seen them a few times. Always thought they were underrated. Great live band. Good to see them having a resurgence. 

Looks like I've missed out on Temperance Movement at the Barras this time; sold out.   Likewise Myles Kennedy who I didn't know was doing a solo tour.   Not heard his album yet, so don't know if I'm missing out.   His early appearances were better than most recent ones with Alter Bridge.   The new TM album sounds good to on 1st listen though.

11 hours ago, Ta Ta said:

Seen them a few times. Always thought they were underrated. Great live band. Good to see them having a resurgence. 

Yes , I have seen them a few times too, they are consistently great. I had tickets to see them at the Hydro a couple of years ago which I sold as I managed to get tix for the Usher Hall in Edinburgh too, I thought the smaller venue would be better.

But I was wrong, the sound was poor there. For a large venue the Hydro really is very good. Probably helped that I was standing so a bit closer.  

On 25/02/2018 at 12:24 PM, TDYER63 said:

Was at the Hydro last night seeing the Stereophonics. Mainstream  at its best ❤️

Used to go see them every time, kinda fell ut of love with them after LSVO and that was probably pushing it for me, everything beforee that is great though