Pop Ups - Technical Support - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Pop Ups


Ormond
 Share

Recommended Posts

Am I the only user who has almost given up using the board completely due to various pop up adverts that freeze the screen totally? They seem to be either “Congratulations from Google” or “You have been selected by Amazon” crap that is preventing from reading the board. It’s taken umpteen attempts to even start this thread.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Ormond said:

Am I the only user who has almost given up using the board completely due to various pop up adverts that freeze the screen totally? They seem to be either “Congratulations from Google” or “You have been selected by Amazon” crap that is preventing from reading the board. It’s taken umpteen attempts to even start this thread.

We'll look at the settings with out advert partners. I've not had anything similar.

Anyone else had them so we can narrow it down?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

same here, the board takes around 6 days to load up while the adverts pop up. Adverts appearing between posts are also annoying

 

What device and browser are you using? The same pop ups as Ormond reported above?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ormond said:

It’s every single time I click on anything now. It’s become worse. Not sure if it’s maybe just through my iphone which is Safari. 

Is it just appearing on iPhone? Could you check another device (Desktop if possible) and tell me if you have the same issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, TAMB1 said:

Is it just appearing on iPhone? Could you check another device (Desktop if possible) and tell me if you have the same issue.

I get pop up ads on iphone but not on desktop.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Yep. I’ve just checked and it’s the same. I can’t use my phone for one single post now. 

Leave it with me. I’m using iphone just now with no issues. Will tie up with advert partners to double check things. If you are able to send any screen captures to team@tamb.nef it would be appreciated also.

You iPhone also?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/12/2017 at 10:20 PM, Ormond said:

I see it’s not any better. Maybe why the volume of traffic is back to what the old board was. :(

It’s been passed to the technical folk from the ad provider. I’ll continue to investigate myself too. I’ve so far been unable to reproduce it happening on my phone or iPad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For the last couple of days I’ve found that when opening a thread in Anything goes I get redirected to EBay, it isn’t the same thread each time and has happened about a dozen times, using a IPad, any ideas why ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, DOUBLE A said:

For the last couple of days I’ve found that when opening a thread in Anything goes I get redirected to EBay, it isn’t the same thread each time and has happened about a dozen times, using a IPad, any ideas why ? 

It sounds like the same issue as above, It's being looked into and hopefully being sorted asap.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Can’t be arsed with the board now, it was already dying on its arse. Having so many adverts and pop ups just makes it worse. 

I downloaded Adblock Plus as an app. It works brilliant now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...