SSC Renewals - Page 29 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SSC Renewals

slasher

1 hour ago, scottincarlisle said:

I don't think it was over 30,000 last campaign 

32 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Nope, it was somewhere in the high twenties.

Thought as much. 

I don’t think we’ll get anywhere near 35,000 again until we qualify for a tournament. 

7 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

You would think the decreasing numbers would be making the SFA think.......

Isn’t that what the new changes are about?

Not that I think the changes will attract new members. The only thing that will do that is a successful team. 

4 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

You would think the decreasing numbers would be making the SFA think.......

The aim until recently seemed to be more about getting as much money as possible from those that keep coming back rather than keeping the less commited (maybe the wrong term but I've had a few) and attracting new fans.

Although a decent amount of money has been spent on advertising this time and the new points system is possibly aimed at those that only go to home matches. 

19 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Trying to add a junior membership for my son but it's not asking any of his details. Just giving me the option to assign it to my current friends and family (which he isn't part of as this is his first membership) 

Any ideas how to sort it?

Aye, i added my son last week.  you need to go out and re join him  as a new member on his own 

and then you link them up 

1 hour ago, Ambassador said:

One of our blogs considers this issue.

Its not about the money (SSC) looks at how much fans of England, Wales and Northern Ireland pay for their equivalent schemes.

The headline is that it is considerably less than the SFA charge Scotland fans.

I'll still be renewing though!

Cheers

Tartan Rab

And England, Wales and Northern Ireland all have a superior product.

• 2 weeks later...

Against my better judgement, and after a few beers, I’ve signed back up. On reflection, you are usually told prompted for STC shirt size or other info on ‘freebies’ included in membership. Anyone able to shed any light?

22 minutes ago, Snoopy said:

Against my better judgement, and after a few beers, I’ve signed back up. On reflection, you are usually told prompted for STC shirt size or other info on ‘freebies’ included in membership. Anyone able to shed any light?

You get a new card this time and that's it.

8 hours ago, Snoopy said:

Amongst the feedback from their supporter survey was a strong suggestion that they should ditch the t shirts, flags etc and just cut the price. 

I finally renewed yesterday as well. 

Haven't renewed yet and to be honest I'm probably unlikely to. The only thing tempting me is the possibility (ha ha) of making 2020 and at least being in with a shout of tickets as there's no chance I'll make any away games in the next two years.

2 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Returned from Hungary and still no membership card despite renewing on a couple of days after they went on sale

Renewed mine and the wife's a couple of days after you could renew and my 2 stepsons renewed a couple of weeks later. The 2 boys got there memberships a couple of weeks ago, myself and the Mrs still waiting. Not sure whats going on.