SSC Renewals - Page 26 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SSC Renewals

slasher

Against my better judgement I have signed up once again. It was one of the easiest websites I have encountered. I managed to sign up myself and my husband , as well as upload 2 photos. They have at least got this right, If I can do it anyone can. 

1 hour ago, runningtings said:

, its bigger than whoever the manager or CEO is to me.

Exactly how I feel about it. Renewed me and my lad who sailed through the IT bit and added fotays name bother. Tel Aviv, here we come. We are wailing, we are wailing..............

After 20 years a STC/SSC member I've decided that's enough. The SSC is turning more into a Tesco clubcard. What will it be next, points for buying a strip, a programme etc ?

The Hungary, Albania & Israel away games would have been the only reason to renew. I'm sure if I wanted to go to any games I'd get a ticket, its never been an issue before in the days of missing out in ballots.

I hope all the folk who wanted points for home games are not too disappointed when they are way down the ladder for 2020 tickets.

Why is it not possible for the SFA to make an online system easy to use. EVERY SINGLE thing they have ever done online has been crap and this latest thing is even crapper than things in the past. I have managed to renew my membership eventually but seriously struggling to renew my dads membership - he certainly wont manage it. I know know of 2 or 3 people that started trying to renew and then just gave up and said fuck them. Even once I renewed, comes up and tells me I have 9 points.... Erm I think that would be 18 if it is 2 points for an away game. They spent months working on this and the result is total incompetence. What a surprise. The SFA / SSC really need to waken up on so many fronts. Shambles.

25 minutes ago, CraigieBrown said:

Why is it not possible for the SFA to make an online system easy to use. EVERY SINGLE thing they have ever done online has been crap and this latest thing is even crapper than things in the past. I have managed to renew my membership eventually but seriously struggling to renew my dads membership - he certainly wont manage it. I know know of 2 or 3 people that started trying to renew and then just gave up and said fuck them. Even once I renewed, comes up and tells me I have 9 points.... Erm I think that would be 18 if it is 2 points for an away game. They spent months working on this and the result is total incompetence. What a surprise. The SFA / SSC really need to waken up on so many fronts. Shambles.

Aye same here trying to reset password but to no avail they keep sending me a new password but still does not work fuck them 

2 hours ago, CraigieBrown said:

Why would you have 18 points? 

The 2 points per away game doesn't start until the Hungary game

1 hour ago, wheres the pies said:

Aye same here trying to reset password but to no avail they keep sending me a new password but still does not work fuck them 

If you are copying the password from the email make sure an extra space at the end doesn't get copied over.

Edited by theweestevie

12 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

After 20 years a STC/SSC member I've decided that's enough. The SSC is turning more into a Tesco clubcard. What will it be next, points for buying a strip, a programme etc ?

The Hungary, Albania & Israel away games would have been the only reason to renew. I'm sure if I wanted to go to any games I'd get a ticket, its never been an issue before in the days of missing out in ballots.

I hope all the folk who wanted points for home games are not too disappointed when they are way down the ladder for 2020 tickets.

Fair enough but you do realise there is another campaign of matches in the next 2 years, so at least another 5 away matches, not to mention any possible play-off matches. 

4 hours ago, CraigieBrown said:

2 points for away matches is not retrospective.  the maximum someone could have just now is 12.  10 away points, 1 for renewing and 1 for being a member for more than 3 campaigns or whatever it was.

I found it surprisingly easy to renew for me and two kids.  I was expecting a nightmare but it went through very smoothly.  I do agree with you that when the SSC have dipped their toes into the waters of technology in the past it has had some dire results but this time has been straightforward.

3 hours ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Renewing membership was simple.

Trying to log into your account at a later date is an issue. There is a way, but it ain't obvious.

I cannae find it! 😡

Where IS the log in section?!?

Edit - found, eventually 😏

Edited by McTeeko

5 hours ago, tartanmartin said:

2 points for away matches is not retrospective.  the maximum someone could have just now is 12.  10 away points, 1 for renewing and 1 for being a member for more than 3 campaigns or whatever it was.

I found it surprisingly easy to renew for me and two kids.  I was expecting a nightmare but it went through very smoothly.  I do agree with you that when the SSC have dipped their toes into the waters of technology in the past it has had some dire results but this time has been straightforward.

What is going to be the 'cap' on points then, I am assuming it will no longer be 10 points?