SSC Renewals - Page 19 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SSC Renewals

slasher

1 minute ago, Orraloon said:

Various places at various times. If you were a member you were invited to attend, unless you missed the email. 

Can't say I saw the email. I did however recieve all manner of shite regarding strip launches, wummins fitba and all that Roary the lion pish

25 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Does renewing not mean you had to be a member last time?

still a no pointer

Yes, I think that is the case. The extra point is for loyalty. If you join this time then you will get a point if you renew next time round. 

29 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Are they going to introduce random checks at home games?

I wouldn't think so. Let's face it, they don't really check up on away games either. They tried to do it a wee while back, but have pretty much given up on that now.

10 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Again, you can buy the right to attend an away game. As has been said numerous times on this thread that multiple games within the last ten have been available to all members

I get it, that Hampden has not been oversubscribed for a while. But I'm talking about the principle. Some people seem to get very annoyed or at least touchy, about this issue, perceiving one lot to be trying to gain unfair advantage over another. It seems a lot of people are resistant to any change that would allow anyone to get a better chance of getting away tickets.

I am curious if such people (or anyone, really) would be happy for people to be able to "buy their way" into away games by paying a premium (for a hypothetical SSC away membership) instead of "earning" it by attending away games, as people currently have to do. Because that is in effect the reverse or equivalent of what happens for home games (ie you could "buy your way" into a big home game without ever "earning it" by attending home games.)

I'm just curious if people are happy with the principle, because it seems OK when the principle is working in the current direction, and there seems such hostility to change, among some. Yet others perceive a lack of fairness, that would be good to address, no? I sense the majority on here seem to be against changing the system, but I wonder what about the fan base as a whole?

8 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Can't say I saw the email. I did however recieve all manner of shite regarding strip launches, wummins fitba and all that Roary the lion pish

Aye, it is kinda difficult to sift out the relevant stuff from all the total pish that they send us. 

9 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

No home (Hampden) matches are oversubscribed because the membership is capped at less than the number of tickets available.

It used to be capped at around 33'000 members... Whether we still have that many member's, I don't know.

Yes the points expire, but only after about 2 years or so.

Every member is guaranteed a ticket for Hampden because it's our stadium; we are the FA hosting the fixture; we know what it holds and how many members we have.

The reason we have a points system for away tickets is because we cannot guarantee every member an away match ticket; the number of tickets we receive is determined by the FA of the host nation and they are not going to give us 33'000 tickets.

Over the years, the SSC have been very successful in securing ticket allocation's.

More often than not, we have received enough SSC tickets for the fans who are travelling.

Thanks, though I am not sure I follow the bit about the cap. Maybe oversubscribed was the wrong word. I was getting at how many homes games was the stadium at capacity, turning people away? Those are the games I was getting at. Maybe not enough to be a practical problem, but it seems people still have an opinion on it!

OK so why do points expire with time? Why should points not be retainable until you need to use them for an away trip? As I was saying earlier, what's wrong with someone building up an allocation over say half a dozen years or ten years, rather than 2 years?

On 12/6/2017 at 5:33 PM, Texas Pete said:

The Euro 2020 finals games at Hampden are not away games either though so supporters club away points would not count for them which is why I think they’ll revamp the points system.

Only a small number of people go to most away games. Lots go to all home games. 

I will more than likely go to every home Nations League game and every home qualifier but I’ll probably only go to 2-3 away games. 

The people that will be most affected will be guys who maybe live abroad and don’t go to home games but only go to 1-2 away games a year. 

True statement that mate, every game is an away game for me so happy for home game points having to fly 8k just to see a home game n usually 18k for double headers

7 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I would consider starting going to them again if I got a point though.;)

So that's a good thing, in terms of support for the team, right?

Even more important would be boosting support at competitive games against the 'smaller' but 'must beat' occasions...?