SSC Renewals - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SSC Renewals

slasher

They should just stick to away points, I've been up to about 5 or 6 but pretty sure if not already I'll be dropping back to zero, this is due to me having other commitments the past few years and having to sacrifice my away trips. It happens and I'll start again when it suits. Folk saying it's too hard to get on the points ladder are too lazy or too picky with where they want to go, sometimes you have to go to a few unappealing ones to get yourself on the ladder. 

9 minutes ago, Kirk said:

They should just stick to away points, I've been up to about 5 or 6 but pretty sure if not already I'll be dropping back to zero, this is due to me having other commitments the past few years and having to sacrifice my away trips. It happens and I'll start again when it suits. Folk saying it's too hard to get on the points ladder are too lazy or too picky with where they want to go, sometimes you have to go to a few unappealing ones to get yourself on the ladder. 

And if you are never going to be rich enough to do that?

Should have tickets put aside like they do for the tennis at Wimbledon for us mere mortals.

Quite a good idea that actually. I amaze myself sometimes. Helsinki here I come.

23 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Should have tickets put aside like they do for the tennis at Wimbledon for us mere mortals.

Quite a good idea that actually. I amaze myself sometimes. Helsinki here I come.

Well then that's your bad luck, I've afforded it by saving and sacrificing other holidays etc, now it's the other way around for various reasons. Try opening a savings account and putting a wee bit away each month, cut out some unnecessary spending if it's so important to you

19 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Well then that's your bad luck, I've afforded it by saving and sacrificing other holidays etc, now it's the other way around for various reasons. Try opening a savings account and putting a wee bit away each month, cut out some unnecessary spending if it's so important to you

Come on tae shite! That's too much like common sense for the fair weather fans that think the SSC owes them something 

23 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

I have ten points, I know others on 8, 9 or 10 points, non of us are rich. If people cant get points, then im sorry, but its just tough.

1 hour ago, Kirk said:

Spot on. Some people just don't want to have to sacrifice other things yet still expect stuff to be handed to them, like tickets for the more attractive away matches 

I can't believe that some supporters ,living in the UK, who dont go to many home games are grudging the 20000 regulars at home games a point . They pay the same membership and put more into the National coffers , so it seems a bit disrespectful that they turn out at a half empty Hampden and get nothing for it while the guys having all the fun abroad (myself included) get a point. If ,as suggested, it's 1point for home games and 2 for away there is still a differential and nobody is losing out .

I don't know any big club sides where you get preferential treatment for away tickets when you don't go to home games.

I only re joined SSC (8 years out) After going to Bratislava, pal got 4 tickets next to Scotland section no bother. Went to all games since, got 2 points now, had home ticket in Vilnius. Got away one after wee phone call to SFA for Slovenia  ( 2 guys in hotel with tickets stayed and watched game in the bar, did not understand that). Off to Hungary, so should keep points building up. Never been to Scotland match home or away, where tickets have not available. The England / Slovakia home games, sell outs, but tickets almost being given away on the forums the nearer the match came. Booked flights for Albania, £145...10  months to go, miss a Chinese takeaway a week covers it...ps I am in a low paid job, its the provi or credit card...

2 hours ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

I can't believe that some supporters ,living in the UK, who dont go to many home games are grudging the 20000 regulars at home games a point . They pay the same membership and put more into the National coffers , so it seems a bit disrespectful that they turn out at a half empty Hampden and get nothing for it while the guys having all the fun abroad (myself included) get a point. If ,as suggested, it's 1point for home games and 2 for away there is still a differential and nobody is losing out .

I don't know any big club sides where you get preferential treatment for away tickets when you don't go to home games.

Totally agree. The SFA need to start realising who pay for their wages.:ok:

If ,as suggested, it's 1point for home games and 2 for away there is still a differential and nobody is losing out .

So what's the point of changing it then ?  Currently in 2018 we have 5 away games & 3 home. For argument sake if we all started on zero some could have 10 points, some on 3 by the time the qualifiers start. We  will still have the same issue if we draw a Belfast or Dublin trip with folk saying its not fair they can't get a ticket.

I think there’s a bit of a generation thing going on. To older SSC members (aye, me included) who were Travel Club members the points system was initially that, for travel/away games. The title fitted the club. Now that’s changed and it’s just a general supporters club I can see why younger guys are looking for points for home games. 

The SFA are obviously going to change something regarding points - some of us will be happy, some won’t be. Just hope there’s a decent balance.