SSC Renewals - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SSC Renewals

slasher

I thought that email was a bit weird. Even for the SFA. I thought it just said something about renewals starting in Jan and fuk all else relevant information. I just thought WTF? Then there was some pish about wummin's fitba, are some merchandising shit. I just assumed they were using it as an excuse to try to sell us some shyte before xmas. 

Just deleted it. Did I miss anything important?

Guest BlueGaz

Nut, giving this one a miss, had enough for a wee while - easy to get tickets for home games nowadays.  Getting the kids theirs though, they are still up for it.

4 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

I'll renew just to keep my points as I intend to go to all the away games in the nations league, if my circumstances allow it.

I probably wouldn't if I just went to homes though 

This. No point in joining the SSC unless you are planning on going to a few away games as usually easy enough to get home tickets in public sale.

I'll renew but I think this will be the last time.

Quite a few saying this could be the last time and with the next WC in Qatar there could be quite a drop off in memberships over the next couple of campaigns. I have zero enthusiasm for it at the moment but maybe that'll return when we name a manager and the fixtures come out.

I will be renewing as I go to away games and I don’t think £50 (if that’s what it’s going to be) is actually that bad for two years (not that I think it’s great value either). 

Even if I didn’t go to away games I would probably still renew. We are only a decent run away from selling Hampden out regularly again. I wouldn’t want to run the risk of missing out on an important qualifier or playoff (wishful thinking?) at home because I was too cheap to renew. 

If you can’t afford it then not renewing is a no brainer at the moment as there is no real value in doing it because home tickets are easy to get but I am lucky enough to not be skint at the moment (for a change) so I will.  

Hopefully the t-shirt won’t be shite this year. 

We will be renewing ours as we do go to away games as well and are in a position to be on high points (wasn't always like that!!). Will be renewing the kids as well as they just love going home and away. They will be coming with us to some of the away games as well. I think if the kids said they didn't want to go back then we may not have either. The memberships are part of their Christmas - maybe not the greatest present in the world but that's what they want!! Not that I'm full of enthusiasm though

On 11/30/2017 at 1:47 PM, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

Wasn't going to rejoin,, fed up with failure, but with the new Nations Cup and the possibility of memberships coming down in price I will give it one last go ! 

COMING DOWN IN PRICE? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

On 12/4/2017 at 2:36 AM, Squirrelhumper said:

Undecided. At the moment I'm swaying towards no.

I'm the same. For the first time in a long, long time I might chuck it. If a manager comes in before the end of renewals that really excites, I might renew again though.