Alistair Wilson murder in Nairn - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Alistair Wilson murder in Nairn

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-42003066

Had completely forgotten about this murder until last week when there was something on the BBC website which has been followed up with the attached. I remember at the time that it was huge news given the fact it seemed to be a very cold and calculated murder carried out against an ordinary man.

14 Years later, still nothing of note in terms of the murderer although from the BBC link above there have been a couple of discoveries, one coincidental one with the murder weapon that is interesting. You would imagine The Police must think they are onto something if they are giving it all this publicity again, a really interesting case for sure.

There seems to be some new evidence relating to an empty blue envelope addressed to a Paul. Not sure how that helps.

Cant help still thinking it was a case of mistaken identity but looking like we'll never know. Hope that changes for the family's sake. 

Alistair was in my year at school - we were in the same higher maths class.

His family are from Beith as are my mums side of the family. I've followed this from day one.

In my opinion it was either a mistake or he had dodgy dealings that nobody knew about. What I knew of him from our school days he was brand new so I go with the mistaken identity theory.

I get the Press and Journal through work and this murder regularly appears there. Don't think the Professor from Birmingham is helping with all his theories and the information that's been given to him by some 'mysterious person'. It's certainly an odd one.

In the P&J yesterday there was an article by an "expert" (possibly the one referred to by jen) and he was throwing a lot of stuff into the mix. He said that  Wilson was not meant to die that n ight, but was only being warned off about some non-specified matter. He also said that a lot of the legal profession in Central Scotland knew a lot about this, but were keeping quiet, as they didn't want to be next. Strange slant on the story. Also odd that another gun the same as the murder weapon was also recovered in Nairn since the murder.