10 years since..... - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

10 years since.....

Tartan Chris

15 hours ago, stocky said:

2007 was the best year of my life up to that point ( prob hasnt been bettered yet) and that game brought it all crashing back to normality...

My first born came along in January,  a great Scotland away trip ( Lithuania?) during my (delayed) Paternity leave....

Faddy's Goals , 

SNP winning in May.

Ukraine at Home 

Paris game away in my Campervan

The Italy game was electric  , I remember the great play ending in Faddy missing a great chance to get our second......

I sat in the stadium for ages after the game , as did many others.

It was the end of my best ever year....

Fitba Eh!!!!

Lithuania was 2006, right after the 6-0 win at Parkhead vs Faroes. We left next morning.

Bari was March 2007.

4 hours ago, Tartan Chris said:

He wasn't Anti-Scottish.

Italy had a good goal disallowed in the first half. And Ferguson was ahead of the Italian defenders when the shot went in. Both were linesman errors of course but you could argue before the Hutton incident the decisions hurt Italy more than Scotland.

It was petering out to 1-1 anyway. A draw wouldn't have been enough would it? Trying to remember what France had to do.

Absolutely;  those two were linesman calls.   The reason I'd like to see complete footage again, was that my impression was that the ref was against us throughout...

What I saw time and again was that an Italian attack would break down and we'd break quickly.   Around the half way line with many of their players still up the park they'd foul us.   (No yellows in those days for that.)   We'd try to take the free kick, but each time the ref would wave us back a couple of yards to the "correct spot".   Meanwhile of course, Italy are all back and organised.   Subtle ...until the incident.

For me sitting around half way, this seemed to happen several times.   Not even sure it would show up on TV, as they could be cutting to replays or other shots, but would like to see.

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Lithuania was 2006, right after the 6-0 win at Parkhead vs Faroes. We left next morning.

Bari was March 2007.

Cheers,  Couldnae Mind   went to both ...  Bari wasnt as good as we got beat.... 

Edited by stocky

On 21/11/2017 at 12:05 PM, glasgow jock said:

Have always heard there was s fair bit of bother in town that night, can't say I witnessed any myself ? Also don't remember too many Italians at the game either

There was definitely about 800-900 Italians there.

On 21/11/2017 at 8:51 PM, scottincarlisle said:

Apart from a bit of bother on the train there was a bit of fisty cuffs in the chippy near Central station. Then in the pub in the station there were a few Italians getting picked on.

Did't see any kung fu going on at the ground on the part of our own fans but there were plenty of reports afterwards of pished or "highly emotional" Scotland fans fighting each other in town late that night.