God Save The Scheme - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

God Save The Scheme

18 hours ago, aaid said:

Thought this was about Marvin.

15 hours ago, G-Man said:

Happy as Larry. 

We never did get to see the final 2 episodes of The Scheme, which was very disappointing. :( 

Edit: I'm talking shite, turns out they were aired. I'll need to go find them on youtube. 

Edited by Parklife

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

We never did get to see the final 2 episodes of The Scheme, which was very disappointing. :( 

Edit: I'm talking shite, turns out they were aired. I'll need to go find them on youtube. 

I wonder how many weeks the programme made following all these tax dodgers will last. Looking forward to seeing Bono nipping in and out of Cash Converters and Lewis Hamilton counting out how much money he’s left with after putting cash onto his gas and electricity stick. 

(Thanks Parkie, I thought they’d never been aired . Youtube visit for me too.)

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Anyone that goes down the tax avoidance route then good luck to them AFAIC. If I could afford it and had the know how I'd be at it aswell

A selfish Edinburger, who’da think it? :shocked: 

11 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Anyone that goes down the tax avoidance route then good luck to them AFAIC. If I could afford it and had the know how I'd be at it aswell

100% this

was arguing all day at work with those taking moral outrage

if p.a.y.e didnt exist we'd all be "at it"

12 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Agree with this too. These people are doing nothing wrong. Block their ability to do if it you don't like it, but don't berate them for working within the system.

Anyone who's done a homer, or added a few extra receipts to their self-assessment is just doing this on a much smaller scale. And breaking the law at the same time. Maybe the millionaires should be outraged.

3 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

:blink:

Aberdonians don't do irony it seems 

I'm not Aberdonian. They've a higher proportion of selfish, Tory and No voting whankers too though, well pointed out. 

56 minutes ago, Stapes said:

These people are doing nothing wrong.

Bizarre mindset to have.  

A good demonstration on the thread of the way modern society has now defined wrong to mean illegal, ignoring the concept of something being morally wrong.

That's the real effect of the last 30 or forty years of free market capitalism and Thatcherite / Reaganite socio-economic hegemony.

Edited by biffer

On 08/11/2017 at 7:31 AM, dan cake said:

100% this

was arguing all day at work with those taking moral outrage

if p.a.y.e didnt exist we'd all be "at it"

Don't blame them for legally swerving it but that sanctimonious twat lineker swerving tax on his holiday home In a skint Caribbean Barbados is a bit rich ! And I speak as someone who has been on PAYE for 30 years 

Just finished reading up on all this. None of us would be able to invest i imagine. 500 Grand is the absolute minimum starting point. The money is used to empower some really dodgy predatory companies.

Not sure why the scheme has well-wishers though, probably a product of their ignorance of the schemes.

6 minutes ago, phart said:

Just finished reading up on all this. None of us would be able to invest i imagine. 500 Grand is the absolute minimum starting point. The money is used to empower some really dodgy predatory companies.

Not sure why the scheme has well-wishers though, probably a product of their ignorance of the schemes.

You got their email address?;)

Wow, the coloured letters are back.:ok: Thank you Mr TAMB.