Question Time Tonight - Page 9 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Question Time Tonight

Think it was brought up on here before about Nigel the pint farage about the many times he has been on question time compared to alex salmond

You woudn't expect the First Minister to be never off a chat show. It's for others to do.

So depressing politics in England - I am so far removed from all these people with the exception of Russell Brand's opinions. But there is no party in England anywhere near representing these views. Labour are pathetic - so hope come next election that SNP become the voice to represent the ordinary man/woman in the street.

Agreed with most of what brand has been saying but his view of open border imigration not being to blame for anything is wrong. I can only talk from my own area of work but there has been a slow decline in the pay that a welder gets. At one time you were paid a good wage due to your skill but now you have welders jobs being advertised at lower wages than you get for stacking shelf's. This has the added impact of turning kids away from the dirty type jobs because the pay is so low

Agreed with most of what brand has been saying but his view of open border imigration not being to blame for anything is wrong. I can only talk from my own area of work but there has been a slow decline in the pay that a welder gets. At one time you were paid a good wage due to your skill but now you have welders jobs being advertised at lower wages than you get for stacking shelf's. This has the added impact of turning kids away from the dirty type jobs because the pay is so low

You are falling into the same trap as those ignorant fukers on QT. It's not the immigrants who are driving wages down, it's the folk who are employing them.

My god what a horrible horrible bunch of people they were! Full of hate! "We have a prison here full of immigrants "

Makes you realise how far ahead politically and how different social attitude-wise we are. They're a bloody generation behind us. It's bloody awful

I wouldn't call it far ahead politically Bzzzz - just depends on what your politics are - bit agree completely about difference in social attitudes - this lot down south just veering dramatically to the right - all we ever hear is immigration , tax cuts , benefit scroungers. I despair about what England is becoming. Quite a nasty nation developing.

4 minutes in and I hate to admit this but agree with Farage's first point about there no longer being a massive difference in politics between the left and the right.

I don't agree that Scotland is far ahead politically and socially than the rest of the UK. A lot in Scotland like the idea of "left wing politics" but only within the safety net of being attached to Westminster.

To an extent it is but not in the numbers there have been, to much immigration too quickly is bad socially for a country ..I cant understand how people can hide behind the PC bullshit and claim the moral high ground

They're not good 'to a certain extent', they're just good for the economy. So the fear people have is all related to the colour of the immigrant skin. It's easy to take the moral high ground in that case.

The reality is that most immigrants go to the UK, they contribute, save a bit, then go home. They don't want to stay in the UK because the standard if life for the low paid is f**king sh*te.

They're not good 'to a certain extent', they're just good for the economy. So the fear people have is all related to the colour of the immigrant skin. It's easy to take the moral high ground in that case.

The reality is that most immigrants go to the UK, they contribute, save a bit, then go home. They don't want to stay in the UK because the standard if life for the low paid is f**king sh*te.

I think people find it easy to dismiss 'immigrants' who come to study for example. With international fees around £15k per year they are keeping UK universities running. Add to that the rental income and money they spend on food, entertainment, shopping and travel, the UK does rather well out of these pesky 'immigrants'.