Question Time Tonight - Page 10 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Question Time Tonight

To add to my previous post. Economic factors aside, the cultural diversity that these immigrants bring has enriched my working life. I can interact with about 10 different nationalities on any given day. It has given me a very wide view of the world despite not being well travelled.

Immigration is a way of sweeping some of our countries problems under the carpet,its the easy way out.They would rather flood the country with immigrants than try to sort out a system that is broken....One of the biggest problems facing europe is an ageing population,should we not be encouraging bigger families? France have been doing this for a number of years now and are experiencing a baby boom should we not follow their example.

To add to my previous post. Economic factors aside, the cultural diversity that these immigrants bring has enriched my working life. I can interact with about 10 different nationalities on any given day. It has given me a very wide view of the world despite not being well travelled.

yes of course . That's a positive aspect . There are established communities throughout England. Here in the Midlands there are loads of festivals etc.

Immigration is a way of sweeping some of our countries problems under the carpet,its the easy way out.They would rather flood the country with immigrants than try to sort out a system that is broken....One of the biggest problems facing europe is an ageing population,should we not be encouraging bigger families? France have been doing this for a number of years now and are experiencing a baby boom should we not follow their example.

In France the baby boom is from the last generation of immigration. All the babies are north and central African. UKIP nightmare!

So, reading between the lines, well no really, it's actually pretty blatant. You would be quite happy for the population to grow, as long as it is done using white faced babies instead of black faced foreigners.

Reading between the lines are you just make up what you want, are we not talking about immigrants? And of the immigrants coming to the uk are there not a huge percentage of these eastern european and therefore white?

So, reading between the lines, well no really, it's actually pretty blatant. You would be quite happy for the population to grow, as long as it is done using white faced babies instead of black faced foreigners.

Reading between the lines are you just make up what you want, are we not talking about immigrants? And of the immigrants coming to the uk are there not a huge percentage of these eastern european and therefore white?

Aye, they are the worst kind. Sometimes you can't even tell they are foreigners until you try to speak to them. Sneaky fukers. You can usually get a clue though, as they will probably be hanging about the jobcentre claiming benefits which rightly belong to our own home grown white faced scroungers.

Wake up FFS. Can you not see what they are trying to do, and succeeding by the looks of it. It's just the old divide and rule tactics. Get the plebs arguing and fighting amongst each other while the real bad guys run off with all the money completely unnoticed.

My god what a horrible horrible bunch of people they were! Full of hate! "We have a prison here full of immigrants "

Makes you realise how far ahead politically and how different social attitude-wise we are. They're a bloody generation behind us. It's bloody awful

There was just as much, if not more, audience support for when Brand and members of the audience defended immigration as when people said anti-immigration things. You're just seeing what you want to see, again.

If I ever got the chance to ask a question I would ask "Are the English the most racist people on the planet?"

Definitely Britain wide I reckon. I stumbled on a Scottish Sun post on Facebook last week, it was something about the cost of Asylum Seekers to Britain, the number of disgusting comments made me sad. People really need to educate themselves on the meaning of "Asylum Seeker".

Ironically I think the only way UKIP are getting away with this is by avoiding old style blatant colour/religion racism and portraying this as an economic argument. Its still old fashioned anti-immigrant racism but taps into the deep economic problems we have. All successful racist parties have grown on the back of vast economic disparity. UKIP's rise maps the UK economic collapse almost perfectly, if you did remove immigrants tomorrow, the people at the bottom would still be fecked........

Racism is not acceptable in general in the UK (note even when people are being racist usually say "I'm not racist but....."). If you travel as much as I do you find the casual racism in parts of Asia, Germany, Italy, Eastern Europe is quite shocking. We have at least benefited from political correctness and exposure to US culture - Europe in my opinion has a problem, we are in much better shape.

The idea that UKIP will not grow in Scotland is not true either. I found some quite shocking 'Daily Mail' racism whilst canvassing for indyref across all social groups (though for some reason it is fashionable with old ladies). The only thing UKIP dont have in Scotland is money and organisation, if they did we'd be in the same mess.

a good enough reason on its own for us to feck off and leave them to their own mess......

Definitely Britain wide I reckon. I stumbled on a Scottish Sun post on Facebook last week, it was something about the cost of Asylum Seekers to Britain, the number of disgusting comments made me sad. People really need to educate themselves on the meaning of "Asylum Seeker".

I'd love to pap the phuqers who write that shite to the countries where these folk have come from.

sadly racism is rife here in Bournemouth don't think the English like themselves they seem to have a hatred towards everyone a lot of them are full of hate anger and aggression whits wrang with them l could count on the one hand the amount of English friends l have down here bad enough having to work with them :-))

its a significant issue in Norfolk, Lincs and Suffolk.

Only reason its an issue is that level of immigrants working there is huge because of the low wages paid to them from their "gangmasters" who are being used by the local farmers/landowners.

sadly racism is rife here in Bournemouth don't think the English like themselves they seem to have a hatred towards everyone a lot of them are full of hate anger and aggression whits wrang with them l could count on the one hand the amount of English friends l have down here bad enough having to work with them :-))

Aye, I lived in BoMo (what us cool kids call it!) for a couple years. Place needs a population transplant.

Its a complex mix. Zero hours contracts, part time working and austerity all add to the problems. Immigration is an easy target but in some areas its out of control. Particularly when it comes to benefit entitlement.

Easy to say - can youi provide the evidence?