Question Time Tonight - Page 103 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Question Time Tonight

Until religion goes the way of astrology we can talk forever and do something about the other causations of terrorism but there will still be terrorism

Moderation is alright up to a point but again there will still always be extremists

Having extreme fascist dictator regimes in the Middle East as the only way to keep the sectarian factions from doing what they are now clearly doesnt work in the long run particularly when these regimes become a threat to their neighbours and/or the USA

How do we combat homegrown extremists? Was Trump correct about having a travel ban? If so should the UK also have travel restrictions? Is political correctness and mass immigration which creates multiculturalism really that great? 

On 5/25/2017 at 7:03 PM, girvanTA said:

How do we combat homegrown extremists? Was Trump correct about having a travel ban? If so should the UK also have travel restrictions? Is political correctness and mass immigration which creates multiculturalism really that great? 

Wait, wait, wait. Help me out here? You are suggesting a travel ban might be the answer to stop homegrown extremism? :lol:

In case anyone's not tired of politics yet, this seems to be the line-up of Question Times and leaders debates and interviews etc...

Mon 29 May, 19:30: Andrew Neil interview with Paul Nuttall (BBC1)

Mon 29 May, 20:30: Theresa May and Jeremy Corbyn (Sky News and Channel 4)

Wed 31 May, 1930: BBC debate with key figures from seven parties (BBC1)

Thu 1 June 19:00: Andrew Neil interview with Tim Farron (BBC1)

Fri 2 June, 20:30: Question Time with Theresa May and Jeremy Corbyn (BBC1)

Sun 4 June, 18:00: Question Time with Nicola Sturgeon and Tim Farron (BBC1)

Sun 4 June, 22:35: Election Questions with Paul Nuttall and Jonathan Bartley (BBC1 England, 22:05 in Wales)

Sun 4 June, 23:35: Election Questions with Leanne Wood (BBC1 England, 22:35 in Wales)

Tue 6 June, 2030: BBC Newsbeat youth debate (Radio 1 and News Channel, later on BBC1)

Thu 8 June, 2155: Rolling coverage for results on BBC1 and News Channel through the evening and across Friday

Fri 9 June, 2100: Additional Question Time

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-40076200

8 hours ago, Ormond said:

Wait, wait, wait. Help me out here? You are suggesting a travel ban might be the answer to stop homegrown extremism? :lol:

Nope. I never said that. If someone leaves the country for Iran or Iraq should they be allowed to come back? If there has been evidence that that person has travelled to Syria via Turkey, should they be stopped?

You knew exactly what I meant however nice try

1 minute ago, girvanTA said:

Nope. I never said that. If someone leaves the country for Iran or Iraq should they be allowed to come back? If there has been evidence that that person has travelled to Syria via Turkey, should they be stopped?

Yes, you did clearly say it.

5 minutes ago, girvanTA said:

That's not the travel ban that Trump is implementing. That's all non-US citizens travelling from certain countries.

How would a similar ban have stopped the Manchester bomber?

6 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Yes, you did clearly say it.

Nope read my message again!

1st question was- how do we combat homegrown extremism.

2nd was question -Was trump right about implementing a travel ban,

3rd question was a follow-up from the travel ban saying that if he was correct then should the UK adopt the same policy

You're clearly just thick

3 minutes ago, aaid said:

That's not the travel ban that Trump is implementing. That's all non-US citizens travelling from certain countries.

How would a similar ban have stopped the Manchester bomber?

it wouldn't have stopped the Manchester bomber. I haven't mentioned Manchester on this thread, other that the appropriate one. 

6 minutes ago, girvanTA said:

Nope read my message again!

1st question was- how do we combat homegrown extremism.

2nd was question -Was trump right about implementing a travel ban,

3rd question was a follow-up from the travel ban saying that if he was correct then should the UK adopt the same policy

You're clearly just thick

You suggested a travel ban would counter home grown extremism. As per usual your posts read that of a Daily Mail UKIP voter. Nowt to do with being thick at all. Unless you are using the term in a US sense and complimenting me on my jaw dropping ass curves? :wub:

1 minute ago, Ormond said:

You suggested a travel ban would counter home grown extremism. As per usual your posts read that of a Daily Mail UKIP voter. Nowt to do with being thick at all. Unless you are using the term in a US sense and complimenting me on my jaw dropping ass curves? :wub:

Don't flatter yourself. Daily mail ukip voter?! 

Even though I haven't met you and I'm very unlikely too, I didn't want to make any assumption's regarding your curves

Just now, girvanTA said:

Don't flatter yourself. Daily mail ukip voter?! 

Even though I haven't met you and I'm very unlikely too, I didn't want to make any assumption's regarding your curves

Listen pal, If I were you I'd fvck me. 

Watching Theresa May on QT just now: There's no magic money tree she says,  in response to a question, suggesting that money itself is finite. What the feck have the Bank of England been doing with their quantitative easing then?

3 hours ago, neilser said:

Watching Theresa May on QT just now: There's no magic money tree she says,  in response to a question, suggesting that money itself is finite. What the feck have the Bank of England been doing with their quantitative easing then?

Printing money and giving it to the bankers is fine 

10 minutes ago, shunkyboy and the fluffer said:

From watching this last night the main policy requirment for an aspiring P.M should be an eagerness to press the cluster#### button at the first opportunity.

Liked this critique of the audience...

j8XK4Be_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

• 3 weeks later...