Question Time Tonight - Page 142 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Question Time Tonight

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Stewart Hosie is on it tonight from Bishop Auckland

The Tory on it is Guy Opperman who presumably knows as much about Scotland as any of us do about him so Isobel Oakeshott will be throwing in how bad Scotland's NHS, Education and crime rate is

• 1 month later...

Got back in from the pub (bank holiday Monday in Ireland) and watched a repeat of the Glasgow QT.

Normally i don't watch it, as it's set piece politician bollocks that i probably could have written to script to, plus the great unwashed. 😜

The salient point from the transwoman on the panel was how a few "bad apples" in prisons are used to demonise the entire trans community, and how this was akin to gays in the 1960s/70s/80. There's a truth to that i think.

Also, yer wan Ella Whelan seemed like a nasty piece of work.

5 hours ago, Dave78 said:

Got back in from the pub (bank holiday Monday in Ireland) and watched a repeat of the Glasgow QT.

Normally i don't watch it, as it's set piece politician bollocks that i probably could have written to script to, plus the great unwashed. 😜

The salient point from the transwoman on the panel was how a few "bad apples" in prisons are used to demonise the entire trans community, and how this was akin to gays in the 1960s/70s/80. There's a truth to that i think.

Also, yer wan Ella Whelan seemed like a nasty piece of work.

I didn’t watch it,  I normally don’t bother anyway but I saw who the panel was and knew with that and Question Time’s ability to put together an audience consisting of the dregs of society that it would be a complete bin fire.

Radio 4's Any Questions at 8pm tonight comes from Aberdour

Murdo "I pretend to support Rangers to court the bigot vote" Fraser

Michael "I'll blame the SNP for everything even though i know it's Westminster" Marra

Fiona " I should never have been allowed on any debate night after my last disaster" Hyslop

Angela " I do my best to associate hating Rangers and Independence" Haggerty

4 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

People in Rugby, England discussing Scottish Independence

Unfiltered Colonialism for your pleasure 

Turned it on briefly  

“anyone here in the audience support Scottish Independence?”

no-one put their hands out, not one single person.

Turned it off and am going to bed. 

21 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

People in Rugby, England discussing Scottish Independence

Unfiltered Colonialism for your pleasure 

See the guy who thought the Act of Union binds us forever. I bet he wouldn't say that if England wanted out.

English (media especially) seem to think Sturgeon's departure means independence is as good as dead. They don't seem to realise it's not about Salmond or Sturgeon. It's far bigger than that.

3 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

See the guy who thought the Act of Union binds us forever. I bet he wouldn't say that if England wanted out.

English (media especially) seem to think Sturgeon's departure means independence is as good as dead. They don't seem to realise it's not about Salmond or Sturgeon. It's far bigger than that.

It's the "Sturgeon is divisive" that gets me

What the fuck was Brexit you Colonialist wankstains

4 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

It's the "Sturgeon is divisive" that gets me

What the fuck was Brexit you Colonialist wankstains

To be fair, Sturgeon is a divisive politician but that's only because people know who she is and they either agree or disagree with her.   Douglas Ross isn't a divisive politician, everyone hates him including his own party - and he's a referee so that doesn't help.  Anas Sarwar isn't divisive because no-one knows who he is.

On 2/17/2023 at 9:15 PM, aaid said:

To be fair, Sturgeon is a divisive politician but that's only because people know who she is and they either agree or disagree with her.   Douglas Ross isn't a divisive politician, everyone hates him including his own party - and he's a referee so that doesn't help.  Anas Sarwar isn't divisive because no-one knows who he is.

A linesman at best. He's no Tiny Wharton.

• 2 months later...

Tonight

Salmond - good guy

Mhairi MacAllan - good guy

Jackie Baillie - wank

Malcolm Offord - wank

Nina Myskow - wank