Question Time Tonight - Page 135 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Question Time Tonight

8 minutes ago, aaid said:

Just turned this over, is the Tory guy on something?

I hope so.

These debates about refugees fail to answer the fundamental question about 'why are there refugees in the first place?'. This Tory guy mentioned most are from Afghanistan, Syria and Iraq; I can't imagine the reason that question never gets asked is due to the UK having to own up to their foreign policy mistakes. 🙄

I don't always watch it but I thought it might have a question on Scotland/independence as they had invited Alison Thewliss on. But no, just general questions.

A lot of unhappy/angry people there. I don't know how they picked the audience but if that is representative of the NE I can see how Labour lost in those areas, it looked as if nothing they could say, and nothing the Govt could do however bad, would put those people off voting Tory.

11 hours ago, Toepoke said:

I didnt know the audience was represented proportionally by voting throughout the entire UK . Is that correct? Would explain why there is always a falsely represented amount of Tories on the programmes filmed in Scotland. 

10 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I didnt know the audience was represented proportionally by voting throughout the entire UK . Is that correct? Would explain why there is always a falsely represented amount of Tories on the programmes filmed in Scotland. 

If that were true, they wouldn’t have any SNP or Plaid Cymru people on at all. 

14 hours ago, aaid said:

If that were true, they wouldn’t have any SNP or Plaid Cymru people on at all. 

Very true ! I was reading the comments from the Newcastle show and a lot of people were saying the audience  was not representative of the people of Newcastle .
If it is based on voting numbers it must be  on the country rather than the UK. 

Just now, TDYER63 said:

Very true ! I was reading the comments from the Newcastle show and a lot of people were saying the audience  was not representative of the people of Newcastle .
If it is based on voting numbers it must be  on the country rather than the UK. 

From comments I saw, it seemed that some of the audience were from the wider NE region including Teesside where apparently there is more of the Tory love-in and new money. Newcastle itself is not Tory nor Brexit, but the show managed to find Tories and Brexiters to 'balance' that.

1 minute ago, exile said:

Saw this, very interesting, 'huge if true' (2022)

I'm still not watching QT, but it'll be a loaded audience they'll try and go after Lynch i'm sure.

He is pro-brexit. Although annoyingly they just keep saying he is and not letting him explain why. I'd like to hear. Although I can guess.

Watched about the first half hour last night. 

Thought the Labour guy did best overall.

Thought the Tory government spokeswoman did alright... Not sure why she was allowed to introduce the programme though!

Edited by Dave78

Think I lasted 15-20 minutes, couldn’t go on anymore sadly. Fiona Bruce is an abhorrent host, it’s pointless watching it with her in charge. As for the audience, we’ll if that is a true split of the British public, then we deserve to burn in hell. 

12 hours ago, Toepoke said:

I know Stratford is in the Tory heartlands but that audience was unbelievable!

It was only slightly more Tory than last week's edition from Newcastle - which is most definitely not a Tory heartland!

QT audiences have more plants than Dobbies. Remember the time they went to Dundee and there was barely a Scots voice to be heard? (And, of course, despite being a city that voted nearly 60% in favour of independence and has two SNP MPs and two SNP MSPs, there was barely any audience member in favour of independence).  Next week's edition is being broadcast from Inverness and I wouldn't be surprised to see something similar.

Any Questions on Radio 4 tonight is from Glasgow and if it's not a stitch up then i dont know what is

Jackie Baillie

Lord Norman Lamont

Marie Todd

Jen Stout - i do not know who she is but writes for the Sunday Post and is a BBC Journalist

So with ultra Tory Chris Mason as chair it looks too big a gig for Marie Todd on her own