Question Time Tonight - Page 134 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Question Time Tonight

Will Kerr denounce Johnson, as does his boss Ross? Or will he support his boss Johnson, and dis Ross?

Or will be try to sit on the fence and wait for Sue Gray - and so fail to support either of his bosses?

6 minutes ago, exile said:

Will Kerr denounce Johnson, as does his boss Ross? Or will he support his boss Johnson, and dis Ross?

Or will be try to sit on the fence and wait for Sue Gray - and so fail to support either of his bosses?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/senior-tory-msp-stephen-kerr-says-boris-johnson-is-damaged-beyond-recovery-dlxncmpnv

27 minutes ago, aaid said:

I know this is from St Andrews but is there anyone in this audience with a Scottish accent. 

I haven’t watched Question Time for years and the minute I saw it was from St Andrews I knew I was not going to change my mind this week.

I quite like St Andrews, but a general representation of Scotland it is not. 

37 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I haven’t watched Question Time for years and the minute I saw it was from St Andrews I knew I was not going to change my mind this week.

I quite like St Andrews, but a general representation of Scotland it is not. 

It got a lot more representative later on and there did seem to be a few genuine locals.

I’ve all but stopped watching it but I thought this one was okay.

Fiona Bruce asked if anyone was prepared to stand up for Boris Johnson, not a single hand went up.

Màiri McAllan did well.

6 hours ago, aaid said:

It got a lot more representative later on and there did seem to be a few genuine locals.

Fiona Bruce asked if anyone was prepared to stand up for Boris Johnson, not a single hand went up.

Màiri McAllan did well.

from the little i have seen of Màiri McAllan, she seems to come across well,, 

11 hours ago, aaid said:

Màiri McAllan did well.

Good to hear.

If Johnson by some miracle survives this fiasco it really will be make your mind up time for the Scottish Tories . This could be as close to a breakaway as there has been for some time. 

• 2 months later...
42 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

First time I have seen this in about 8 years. Tories are getting battered. Damian Hinds is having a shocker. Woman from the Spectator is very irritating. 

As she usually is. 🙄 The BBC seem to love her though.

Mark Serwotka has been on fire tonight. 👍

8 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

First time I have seen this in about 8 years. Tories are getting battered. Damian Hinds is having a shocker. Woman from the Spectator is very irritating. 

That's the biggest hosing I've ever seen the Tories take on BBC QT. Middle England has finally woken up to what they're all about, the dozy fuckers! Shame the election is still a way off. 

12 hours ago, scotlad said:

Mark Serwotka has been on fire tonight. 👍

He was very good. I also thought Lisa Nandy was good , she was well prepared and got her points over but gets a bit too emotional . 

5 hours ago, slasher said:

That's the biggest hosing I've ever seen the Tories take on BBC QT. Middle England has finally woken up to what they're all about, the dozy fuckers! Shame the election is still a way off. 

It was unbelievable. Even the Tories in the audience made very little effort to defend them . Sunak doesn’t seem to be the golden boy people thought he was. As you say though, its a while to the election. 

13 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

He was very good. I also thought Lisa Nandy was good , she was well prepared and got her points over but gets a bit too emotional . 

The Lisa Nandy whose grampa? /Father? is a Lord, she's a strong brexiteer and thinks the Spanish police are a good example of how to deal with Scotland's independence issue 

Apart from that a lovely lady

1 minute ago, TDYER63 said:

It was unbelievable. Even the Tories in the audience made very little effort to defend them . Sunak doesn’t seem to be the golden boy people thought he was. As you say though, its a while to the election. 

I understand it was from Reading last night but didn't see it as I was actually out in Reading myself seeing Altered Images.

Anyway, it's just up the road from me,  Reading East, which is mainly urban, borders my constituency, currently held by Labour but flip flops a bit.   Reading West is Tory - and is a bit more rural but similarly flip-flops.

I'm not surprised that Tory voters were openly critical as that matches my experience locally as well.   

However a couple of points I'd make is that a majority of these Home Counties Tory voters were against Brexit and so wouldn't be overly disposed to Boris Johnson and Co anyway - I know from a couple of friends of mine who are Tory members that he's pretty much despised in the local constituency association.    

The other point is, they may no like the current government but they're not overly keen on Labour either.

1 minute ago, stocky said:

The Lisa Nandy whose grampa? /Father? is a Lord, she's a strong brexiteer and thinks the Spanish police are a good example of how to deal with Scotland's independence issue 

Her mother's father is a former LIberal MP and was later a Lord - he died when she was 5.  Her father is an Indian Marxist. 

An interesting mix.

12 hours ago, scotlad said:

The first time i saw her was being interviewed on Channel 4 news about 5 or 6 years ago. She was there on behalf of Uber, defending the use of zero-hour contracts.

Since then, i've always viewed her as the hired mouthpiece of unregulated rampant capitalism.

19 minutes ago, stocky said:

😂😂

I can only go by what I hear , Labour have been such an irrelevance in England for so long I am not that familiar with their politicians. I thought she was fine last night on the questions being asked but she can get tae fook sticking her nose into Scottish independence. 

19 minutes ago, aaid said:

I understand it was from Reading last night but didn't see it as I was actually out in Reading myself seeing Altered Images.

Anyway, it's just up the road from me,  Reading East, which is mainly urban, borders my constituency, currently held by Labour but flip flops a bit.   Reading West is Tory - and is a bit more rural but similarly flip-flops.

I'm not surprised that Tory voters were openly critical as that matches my experience locally as well.   

However a couple of points I'd make is that a majority of these Home Counties Tory voters were against Brexit and so wouldn't be overly disposed to Boris Johnson and Co anyway - I know from a couple of friends of mine who are Tory members that he's pretty much despised in the local constituency association.    

The other point is, they may no like the current government but they're not overly keen on Labour either.

Yes this is the thing, they may not agree with what the Tories are doing but they don’t much like the other option either, this has been going on for years and the only reason the Tories are in power. 
These flip flop constituencies will be so important at the next election, the Tories may have just pushed people to the boundaries. The critical audience were a range of ages as well. Someone on here posted something about how the papers report things in Scotland and in England, I would never have known Sunak was under such criticism otherwise. 

You should try and watch it on catch up particularly when it is your local area. 

5 hours ago, Dave78 said:

The first time i saw her was being interviewed on Channel 4 news about 5 or 6 years ago. She was there on behalf of Uber, defending the use of zero-hour contracts.

Since then, i've always viewed her as the hired mouthpiece of unregulated rampant capitalism.

That's probably fair.

She reminds me of the kind of goody-two-shoes lassie who'd clype on someone at school for swearing or something. 🙄