Question Time Tonight - Page 133 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Question Time Tonight

• 1 month later...

Wasn't the greatest debate, the first question seemed to be asking if the UK Govt should be putting in COVID measures that already apply in Scotland (but without making that clear), and the last question was about MP security, the kind of question everyone agrees on. Only on the carbon capture issue, a punter managed to deliver some stick in the direction of Andrew Bowie. There was a fair bit of stick for the City Council. Assuming the audience was fair in the first place. 🤔

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/19/2021 at 9:03 AM, Toepoke said:

Jordan Peterson? My faither will have been all over that!

And what kind of name is Mims???

I finally saw this guy who seems as some sort of talisman or enfant terrible - but was left feeling what was all the fuss about. He seemed to just make a series of not particularly original generalisations. What struck me more was the conviction with which he asserted them, maybe that appeals to people, as if he has the answers. But the panel got back at him. 

On 11/20/2021 at 12:07 PM, exile said:

I finally saw this guy who seems as some sort of talisman or enfant terrible - but was left feeling what was all the fuss about. He seemed to just make a series of not particularly original generalisations. What struck me more was the conviction with which he asserted them, maybe that appeals to people, as if he has the answers. But the panel got back at him. 

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, aaid said:

Might actually give this a watch tonight.

From Hendon, which is not that far from Boris Johnson’s constituency.  

I occasionally watch the start but usually given up after the first question.  Maybe tonight fighting will break out.  It really is a pale imitation of the days when they had decent chairmen.  Fiona Bruce is pretty hopeless.

• 1 month later...

So that’s two pro-Indy, two anti and one don’t know.   A quick Google shows that Iain Anderson was recently appointed as the “LGBT Business Champion” by the UKG so that should raise red flags - not the LGBT part but the UKG part. 

Màiri McAllan  is “one to watch” so it’ll be interesting to see how she fares. 

Edited by aaid

2 minutes ago, aaid said:

So that’s two pro-Indy, two anti and one don’t know.   A quick Google shows that Iain Anderson was recently appointed as the “LGBT Business Champion” by the UKG so that should raise red flags - not the LGBT part but the UKG part. 

So predictable what will happen so think I will give it a miss. Questions cherry-picked with an anti-independence stance probably on a ratio of about three or four to one. Pro-independence guests having their answers cut short unlike the yoon guests.

I fear Mairi McAllan may be out of her depth with that panel

This is where you need Joanna Cherry but she cant be on every week ....unlike Farage