Question Time Tonight - Page 125 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Question Time Tonight

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Philippa Whitford is from NI.

Right enough, though I don't suppose if matters if she identifies as a "new Scot" or not. Maybe I should have said

You'd think they might have someone politically representing Northern Ireland. Maybe too busy reading Boris's deal.

Will having someone from SNP plus another Scottish remainer be too much for the audience?

3 hours ago, exile said:

Right enough, though I don't suppose if matters if she identifies as a "new Scot" or not. Maybe I should have said

You'd think they might have someone politically representing Northern Ireland. Maybe too busy reading Boris's deal.

Will having someone from SNP plus another Scottish remainer be too much for the audience?

Not at all. The audience were happy to listen to everything equally and without the usual jeers and groans.

And... Fiona Bruce asked for a show of hands of those favouring Boris's deal - only three put their hands up! 

8 hours ago, exile said:

Not at all. The audience were happy to listen to everything equally and without the usual jeers and groans.

Yes I thought it was a remarkably level headed episode.  Usually I stick it on for 5 minutes and it has to be switched off.

15 hours ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Philippa Whitford is from NI.

She's a tremendous MP too, real asset to the SNP.

She volunteered during parliamentary recess to operate on numerous breast cancer sufferers in Gaza IIRC.

She's done tons of stuff like that.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

Is Angela Haggerty the angry 'radical' indyer with the daft hat?

If so I'll avoid. I don't want to be so annoyed by her that I'm shunted towards Unionism.

That's her. The daft hat is to cover her daft hair.

Former editor of the Sunday Herald, she once outed Mhairi Black's partner because she was getting the better of her on Twitter.

Hat or no hat, I'll be giving QT a miss tonight.

3 hours ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

Is Angela Haggerty the angry 'radical' indyer with the daft hat?

If so I'll avoid. I don't want to be so annoyed by her that I'm shunted towards Unionism.

1 hour ago, Alibi said:

I always get the impression that Haggerty is not really pro-indy.  Unless everything is on her terms.

A very average journalist with a huge ego and who vastly overestimates her own importance and intelligence. 

Her job at the Herald only lasted a couple of months because she was incompetent at the job and fell out with everyone in the office.

That Kirstene Hair, everything she said seemed to be just pre-rehearsed soundbites. At least one of them got a laugh.

That Angela Haggerty, mostly quiet but had this nice little humdinger against Kirstene. 

Edited by exile

Attacks on Scots Govt Record went unanswered, which is a first of Yousaf's and secondly of Bruce's; if a Tory or Labour politician criticise the Scottish Health Care system either or both should be making the obvious point of comparing it to england and wales, which it pisses all over. 

Poor. 

26 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Attacks on Scots Govt Record went unanswered, which is a first of Yousaf's and secondly of Bruce's; if a Tory or Labour politician criticise the Scottish Health Care system either or both should be making the obvious point of comparing it to england and wales, which it pisses all over. 

Poor. 

It's what Extreme Unionists turn to when they are under pressure and it's been frequent the last few days

Prominent Scotland In Union Colonialist Merryn Somerset Webb basically wrote most of Kirstene Hair's script yesterday with an outburst on twitter regards education

Nick Robinson just tried it with Blackford on Daily Politics

11 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

It's what Extreme Unionists turn to when they are under pressure and it's been frequent the last few days

Prominent Scotland In Union Colonialist Merryn Somerset Webb basically wrote most of Kirstene Hair's script yesterday with an outburst on twitter regards education

Nick Robinson just tried it with Blackford on Daily Politics

For sure. Frustrating, given the relative strength of the record when compared to rUK, that Yousaf didn't challenge it forcefully. 

That being said, it's such a piece of jingling keys nonsense . Haha, aw Nick Robinson, he who killed irony the other day when indignantly taking someone to task for playing fast and loose with the answer someone gave to a question in a video they edited. Must have felt he had a monopoly on it. 

12 hours ago, AndyDD said:

For sure. Frustrating, given the relative strength of the record when compared to rUK, that Yousaf didn't challenge it forcefully. 

That being said, it's such a piece of jingling keys nonsense . Haha, aw Nick Robinson, he who killed irony the other day when indignantly taking someone to task for playing fast and loose with the answer someone gave to a question in a video they edited. Must have felt he had a monopoly on it. 

Robinson tearing into Blackford like a rabid partisan, and fiercely impartial proud Scot Andrew Neil retweeting to his pack of followers with relish.

Haven't watched QT in a long time and fairly enjoyed it.

Felt the crowd were fairly 50/50 if not a wee bit pro-independence ; but certainly makes it a far more enjoyable program if you are hearing a variety of views. I hadn't watched for ages due it being way too pro-Brexit mad loons.

Iain Anderson - didn't offer anything really. Just a posh Scot who's made some money in oil and business and now lives in London, with uninteresting answers and tended to waffle on without any real meaning. I cannot remember one thing he said, albeit the clapped out ''I'm from proud to be from Aberdeenshire''

Barry Gardiner - just a waste of a tie. There's a few in Labour I quite like - heard McDonnell on LBC last week and was impressed. Wonder if he think the soft-spoken almost whispering tones makes him sound grounded and smart ; but he's the caliber of a Councillor or even worse a Holyrood Labour list MP. I can see why he's hardly been up front and centre for Labour in press briefings. Bonus point for the ''I'm a proud Scot/family nations'' regarding Indyref2.

Angela Haggerty - did well on drugs and replying to Kirstene Hair's 'we said No' rehearsed lines. Seems a bit of a loose cannon though, and outing someone online is terrible behaviour. But on her performance last night was fine.

Humza Yousaf - he missed a couple of chances, but did well overall. I like his fiery side, although no doubt some will see that as arrogance? It's quite refreshing to see an SNP panelist being for what of a better word ''up for it'' considering its often the likes of Hislop and Swinney - a nice guy no doubt - who often just sit there and don't counter some of the shite from the other panelists.

Kirstene Hair - I've only heard the soundbytes of her in the past, so was fascinated to see if she is as bad as they have been, and yes, she was. She often completely ignored the original question and just spouted off her pre-reheresaed lines. The loud laughing at her Boris cares comment sums up her. There's a fair list of Tory MPs but she could well be the worst of the lot! Considering Ross Thomson couldn't get anyone to sign his endorsement papers.  She's basically a Tory fermer's daughter who got in cos ''We said No''. If the people of Angus return her, then god mend them and this country. She offers absolutely nothing but partisan, soundbite, hack, politics.

The crowd were pretty solid. Mostly weegies too (not that that matters) and enjoyed the young lad's first question and his ''congrats to my bro'' good on ye. The big lad down the front, and never judge a book, but was pleasantly surprised when he gave Boris a right cunting.

I may well watch it next week to see the contrast ; but well in Glasgae, a decent program for once!

And I didn't see Billy Mitchell or his flute.