Question Time Tonight - Page 117 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Question Time Tonight

BBC has to rethink the format. It used to be meant as a genteel debate where a given question was put and panel member gave their opinion.

But now it's used for 'secondary' questioners to give direct attacks on specific panellists (the same would apply if a food bank activist was attacking a tory lord) where the panelist is faced with either sitting and taking it or going back on the offensive and criticising a member of the public. Then it becomes a sort of Jeremy Kyle (or Jerry Springer) slagfest.

But it can't easily do both.

The particular rant, you could answer calmly point by point, but the chair would never give Hyslop the time to do so.

BBC are happy to broadcast the rant round the world, but not the reply. 

48 minutes ago, aaid said:

So what's the answer?  Boycott the BBC and let the Unionist side have free rein?

The SNP need to attend - but simply do not put up with the shit ? Call it out (I know it will be edited out but news gets out).

If they see a "plant" then call it.

Stop playing their fukking game.

Coming soon on the new BBC Scotland channel.
#BillyMitchellTVShows

9.00 Sash In The Attic
9.30 One Flute In The Grave
10.00 March of the Day
11.00 The Bigot Bang Theory 
12.00 Embarrassing Proddies
12.30 Orange Walking with Dinosaurs
13.00 The Apprentice (Boys)
14.00 Hello Hello....
15.30 Law & Orange Order
16.30 The Fresh Prince Of Larkhall 
17. 00 Strictly Come Marching 
18.00 Bellenders
19.00 Bluenose Planet 
19.30 The last Fleg
20.00 Glaikit Attraction
20.30 The Loyal Family 
21.00 The Hun maidens tale.
22.00 Orange Dwarf
23. 00 The Walking Brain Dead

0 0 - close

4 minutes ago, antidote said:

Coming soon on the new BBC Scotland channel.
#BillyMitchellTVShows

9.00 Sash In The Attic
9.30 One Flute In The Grave
10.00 March of the Day
11.00 The Bigot Bang Theory 
12.00 Embarrassing Proddies
12.30 Orange Walking with Dinosaurs
13.00 The Apprentice (Boys)
14.00 Hello Hello....
15.30 Law & Orange Order
16.30 The Fresh Prince Of Larkhall 
17. 00 Strictly Come Marching 
18.00 Bellenders
19.00 Bluenose Planet 
19.30 The last Fleg
20.00 Glaikit Attraction
20.30 The Loyal Family 
21.00 The Hun maidens tale.
22.00 Orange Dwarf
23. 00 The Walking Brain Dead

0 0 - close

:rollsmile: :rollsmile::rollsmile:

I want to know what the lyrics to the theme song for "The Fresh Prince of Larkhall" are !

2 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Image result for jurgen klopp laugh

Aaid you are a scream !

And I stand by every single word I said about those orange scum. 

Aaid and I really should meet up in a Premier inn or a Travellodge for a tender all night long shag sometime. :ok:

I have to admit I laughed at that too, I expect those kind of replies from white ceelo but surprised at aaid. 

I'm not sure how you can be classed as a bigot for not liking bigots 🤣

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

I have to admit I laughed at that too, I expect those kind of replies from white ceelo but surprised at aaid. 

Ach, it's no sweat.

Some of his rants against me can be quite funny. :-))

I actually think he's a good poster and admire his posts on politics and his commitment to Scottish independence. He's a very smart chap. But hey ho.

6 hours ago, kumnio said:

It would be astonishing if they used the same producers on the 'scottish'  version of QT. It would mean the whole channel would be coloured from the start as North British regional TV. Every week would be like the motherwell show... 

20 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

It's not just case of simply "not liking bigots", it's a case of wishing the entire membership were dead and that's bigotry on my book, bigotry this particular poster has betrayed on more than one occasion.

Dont get me wrong, I have no time for the OO as an organisation and if it died off tomorrow I wouldn't shed any tears - I think it's pretty much withering on the vine though - but while I know there are some complete scumbags in the OO there are also some decent people who have deeply and and sincerely held religious views, not ones I agree with myself, but ones they're ever bit as entitled to hold as anyone else. 

59 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Billy Mitchell accusing SNP supporters of abusing him with "dog whistle politics" :lol:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/bbc-invited-me-because-it-lacks-rightwing-voices-v3l2j6w09

Mr Mitchell denied being a paying member of the loyalist Livingston True Blues Flute Band, but admitted helping them. In a Facebook post under a picture of Oliver Cromwell, he wrote: “Greatest leader Britain ever had, a true Protestant and never tolerated papish festivals.” Asked whether this was reminiscent of the dog-whistle politics he criticised, he said: “If I’m a racist and a bigot for being interested in Scottish history there’s something wrong.”

🙄 Aye, theres definetely something wrong Billy . 

9 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Mr Mitchell denied being a paying member of the loyalist Livingston True Blues Flute Band, but admitted helping them. In a Facebook post under a picture of Oliver Cromwell, he wrote: “Greatest leader Britain ever had, a true Protestant and never tolerated papish festivals.” Asked whether this was reminiscent of the dog-whistle politics he criticised, he said: “If I’m a racist and a bigot for being interested in Scottish history there’s something wrong.”

🙄 Aye, theres definetely something wrong Billy . 

He needs to change his puss book Cromwell was well deid before Britain was formed .....  

16 minutes ago, Mark frae Crieff said:

He needs to change his puss book Cromwell was well deid before Britain was formed .....  

Well to be completely accurate, Britain is the island and that's been here forever. Cromwell has a role in Scottish history, although probably not so well known.   Following the execution of Charles 1 and until the Stewart Restoration under Charles II, Scotland, England and Ireland were ruled as a Commonwealth by Oliver Cromwell.   As elsewhere Cromwell had a pretty bloody reign in Scotland.   

23 minutes ago, Mark frae Crieff said:

Well no really, he was in charge of a Commonwealth of the 3 kingdoms..   

I know its not quite as simple as that, however

One  leader 3 countries under his control.  England /Ireland and Scotland...    and all Protestant 

it was only for a decade or so  but it was a forerunner for the UK in 1707.

But i get your point.... and to be honest, his point is actually made as well 

PS..Britain is an Island, i presume you meant the UK,

Britain is not a country its a landmass  it was formed 1000's of years ago,.... 😉

6 minutes ago, aaid said:

Well to be completely accurate, Britain is the island and that's been here forever. Cromwell has a role in Scottish history, although probably not so well known.   Following the execution of Charles 1 and until the Stewart Restoration under Charles II, Scotland, England and Ireland were ruled as a Commonwealth by Oliver Cromwell.   As elsewhere Cromwell had a pretty bloody reign in Scotland.   

How long is "forever"?

Just now, Orraloon said:

How long is "forever"?

Cambrian - Ordovician – Silurian (550 - 400 million years ago)

Both England, Wales and Scotland are in the southern hemisphere but are separated by the Iapetus Ocean. Scotland is attached to a plate comprised mainly of North America and Greenland. England and Wales are part of an arc-shaped microcontinent, perhaps comparable to modern Indonesia, along with Scandinavia and Newfoundland. England and Wales, and Scotland are both situated on continental margins and under marine waters for most of this period.

The Iapetus Ocean is slowly closing and by the Silurian the two continental blocks collide producing the Caledonian orogeny. The Scottish Highlands and the Scandinavian Mountains are remnants of this mountain chain. The collision brings England & Wales and Scotland together.

Don't tell Scotty.

7 minutes ago, aaid said:

I am pretty certain its not so well known to Billy . He is only interested in battering those papes.  

I wonder where he sits with Royalty. Did they not dig up Cromwell and behead him ?   Could be a bit of a dilemma for oor Billy. 

3 hours ago, Orraloon said:

How long is "forever"?

3 hours ago, aaid said:

Cambrian - Ordovician – Silurian (550 - 400 million years ago)

Both England, Wales and Scotland are in the southern hemisphere but are separated by the Iapetus Ocean. Scotland is attached to a plate comprised mainly of North America and Greenland. England and Wales are part of an arc-shaped microcontinent, perhaps comparable to modern Indonesia, along with Scandinavia and Newfoundland. England and Wales, and Scotland are both situated on continental margins and under marine waters for most of this period.

The Iapetus Ocean is slowly closing and by the Silurian the two continental blocks collide producing the Caledonian orogeny. The Scottish Highlands and the Scandinavian Mountains are remnants of this mountain chain. The collision brings England & Wales and Scotland together.

Don't tell Scotty.

It's actually only been an island for around 425,000 years...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strait_of_Dover

2 hours ago, neilser said:

Don’t forget Doggerland...

<insert joke here>

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doggerland

in the shipping forecast there is still an area called Dogger.. which is of the coast between the border and about Scarborgh it's named after a sand bank. 

Failed UKIP candidate claims he was personally invited on to BBC Question Time - on to the pilot of the new "Scottish" Question Time, and to Motherwell to deliberately boost its right wing content!

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/17425818.failed-ukip-candidate-claims-he-was-personally-invited-on-to-bbc-question-time/

If true it means it makes a mockery of the idea that the audience is representing the people of the local venue, if they deliberately bring in outsiders who have more 'national' slanted views. 

We look forward to Tommy Sheridan turning up as an ordinary citizen of Basildon or Buckinghamshire.

19 minutes ago, exile said:

Failed UKIP candidate claims he was personally invited on to BBC Question Time - on to the pilot of the new "Scottish" Question Time, and to Motherwell to deliberately boost its right wing content!

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/17425818.failed-ukip-candidate-claims-he-was-personally-invited-on-to-bbc-question-time/

If true it means it makes a mockery of the idea that the audience is representing the people of the local venue, if they deliberately bring in outsiders who have more 'national' slanted views. 

We look forward to Tommy Sheridan turning up as an ordinary citizen of Basildon or Buckinghamshire.

In any case how does Livingston equate to local to Motherwell?