Question Time Tonight - Page 113 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Question Time Tonight

22 hours ago, exile said:

Therefore if I'm right, it's a false or misleading question to put to Labour and SNP. in that form Even if the member of the public had a right to ask it, Bruce should not have pressed Abbott or Blackwood on it.  It doesn't make sense, so it's difficult to make sense of when answering. The result was that it looks as if they are struggling to answer, or are in denial. And its that perception that matters - Tory boy Rory is excused from answering, but Abbott is made to squirm, with Oakshott gleefully piling in.

Although the whole red-lines part is a bit nonsensical in essence what they are asking is what areas are you prepared to compromise on and that's a fair question.   What Dianne Abbott should have done was frame the answer in such a way that it becomes about what does Labour think is important.  That's pretty much what Kirsty Blackman did.  The problem for Dianne Abbott is that either Labours position isn't capable of being clearly articulated or that they know it will be very unpopular with their wider membership and support.

Edited by aaid

43 minutes ago, kumnio said:

QT is strange, there’s no doubt that it’s a right wing chug fest, yet BBC news is slightly left of centre. The audience seems to get worse every week, it’s just full of xenophobic wanks. 

Your answer is here - https://www.opendemocracy.net/ourbeeb/tim-holmes/is-question-time-s-audience-producer-really-fascist

On 1/20/2019 at 1:08 PM, aaid said:

Although the whole red-lines part is a bit nonsensical in essence what they are asking is what areas are you prepared to compromise on and that's a fair question.   What Dianne Abbott should have done was frame the answer in such a way that it becomes about what does Labour think is important.  That's pretty much what Kirsty Blackman did.  The problem for Dianne Abbott is that either Labours position isn't capable of being clearly articulated or that they know it will be very unpopular with their wider membership and support.

I agree with your last point. 

As for the first point, I don't see that solving what I'm getting at.

At the risk of labouring the point...

f I actually want to stay in the EU I don't need to 'compromise', or sacrifice any values/wants/red lines to move the deal closer to what the EU want.

The point would also apply if you asked Farage what he'd be prepared to compromise to get a clean, no deal Brexit. He would say I don't need to compromise anything, just bring it on. 

Edited by exile

• 2 weeks later...

"Fiona Bruce presents an hour of topical debate from Lincoln. On the panel are vice chair for women of the Conservative Party Helen Whately MP, shadow justice secretary and shadow chancellor Richard Burgon MP, chief executive of Siemans UK Juergen Maier, businesswoman Gina Miller, and Camilla Tominey, associate editor of the Daily Telegraph and writer on politics and the royal family."

11 minutes ago, exile said:

"Fiona Bruce presents an hour of topical debate from Lincoln. On the panel are vice chair for women of the Conservative Party Helen Whately MP, shadow justice secretary and shadow chancellor Richard Burgon MP, chief executive of Siemans UK Juergen Maier, businesswoman Gina Miller, and Camilla Tominey, associate editor of the Daily Telegraph and writer on politics and the royal family."

John Barnes replaced by Gina Miller in an act of BBC racism ............

From Motherwell tonight - probably bus the Tories in from Airdrie 

Would have preferred Mhairi Black rather than Fiona Hyslop 

Think slimy Forsyth will run rings round her 

Notice that it's not a Tory or Labour representative from a Scottish seat 

Dyv6O5XWwAIAJtJ.jpg

1 minute ago, Ally Bongo said:

From Motherwell tonight - probably bus the Tories in from Airdrie 

Would have preferred Mhairi Black rather than Fiona Hyslop 

Think slimy Forsyth will run rings round her 

Notice that it's not a Tory or Labour representative from a Scottish seat 

Dyv6O5XWwAIAJtJ.jpg

Hugo Rifkind should be interesting, he's another one on a bit of a journey.    Says it all about Scottish Labour that they have to put up a Scottish MP who represents an English constituency.

Another uninspiring panel.  Michael fecking Forsyth FFS.  And could they not have done better than Fiona Hyslop - there are loads of SNP folk better than her.  Mhairi Black as you say, but any number of far more dynamic and interesting people.  Joanna Cherry would have been a good choice.

Question Time genuinely "triggers" me.

I can't watch it and even seeing the line up i feel annoyed.

It's meant to be the countries political flag ship programme and it's a pantomime.

This is further compounded when you watch the old school political shows like After Dark and see the difference.

1 minute ago, aaid said:

Look who's in the audience, that guys been on more times than Farage 

It's fucking ridiculous

He is a notorious sectarian bigot