Question Time Tonight - Page 110 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Question Time Tonight

1 hour ago, Alibi said:

It was akin to a modern interpretation of Abigail's Party.  Cringeworthy car crash TV, but how does the BBC get away with having such a right wing panel nearly every week?

I would say the majority of people who watch this are what i would call right wing, they and the BBC probably think they are mainstream

The BBC are catering for their audience.

On 11/23/2018 at 8:06 AM, Alibi said:

It was akin to a modern interpretation of Abigail's Party.  Cringeworthy car crash TV, but how does the BBC get away with having such a right wing panel nearly every week?

I honestly don't understand how it can be broadcast in Scotland without the SNP on the panel - given that the SNP are the largest party at the moment. I wouldn't count on the BBC commissioning a separate Scottish version of Question Time though.

6 hours ago, Clyde1998 said:

I honestly don't understand how it can be broadcast in Scotland without the SNP on the panel - given that the SNP are the largest party at the moment. I wouldn't count on the BBC commissioning a separate Scottish version of Question Time though.

It's a real problem for the BBC, particularly for Question Time and other panel based political programs, the that SNP are the third largest party in Westminster.   I don't think it's necessarily for entirely partisan anti-SNP reasons but more - probably London-centric- view that the SNP are a "regional" party and don't deserve the airtime that a "national" party does.   

I suspect that's behind the change to the structure of these panels.  Until the last year or so, they would typically consist of three politicians, one Tory, one Labour and one from another party with a couple of other participants, usually journalists or other commentators.   The third politician seem so on have been largely dropped And it's now only a Labour and Tory politician and three non-politicians.   

That Zahawi is a dodgy character - was on the payroll of Gulf Keystone Petroleum and helped them to nearly go bust, costing their shareholders a lot of money.  A typical Tory, lining his pockets avariciously while screwing over everyone else.  Utter scumbag.

Zephaniah might be interesting though.

On 11/28/2018 at 9:57 PM, Ally Bongo said:

Fuck you again Scotland - nobody is interested in your opinion

DtGtuU4X4AAjqy5.jpg

The men were all useless wankers, the two women not much better, but still better.

Tory tosser.

Poet, writer, boring bastard.

Mentally deranged, shit pub owning lunatic

37 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Please excuse my ignorance but.......Eh?

It's from Bishops Stortford which is right next to Stansted.   I thought it was on the graphic but I must have picked that up somewhere else.

"Scottish" "Comedienne" Fern Brady was on BBC Question Time Extra Time on Radio 5 live 

If you want to get your blood pressure up you should try and listen to it on Iplayer - this was between 10pm and 10.45pm

An absolute fucking zoomer 

1 hour ago, exile said:

Two Tories on Question time, literally two actual right honourable Tory MPs, you couldn't make it up. Dimbleby's last laugh at us?

Too be fair, its all about balance, they've got to include both Tory Parties.

David Davis is one shifty fecker - won’t even say which way he voted in the no confidence vote yesterday...

Then you get a gammon on saying that servicemen and women died for our system and that if there’s another vote it means they died for nothing.

Edited by neilser

12 minutes ago, neilser said:

David Davis is one shifty fecker - won’t even say which way he voted in the no confidence vote yesterday...

Then you get a gammon on saying that servicemen and women died for our system and that if there’s another vote it means they died for nothing.

I've got to say that as far as Question Time rockets are concerned, that guy was right up with the mad unionist Highlander. 

Ask yourself why neither of the two main parties want to go into a GE with leave with no deal in it's manifesto

Thats the only way to break the impasse but they will never do it