Question Time Tonight - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Question Time Tonight

It seem that some people think that more powers transferred to Scotland, no matter what they are, is Devo Max.

Nothing that has been proposed is anywhere near Devo Max.

Yeah, and Broon saying Home Rule etc.

That's why we need to drill it out home that we are fighting for Devo Max when in the talks or when we go to the ballot box again in May 2015.

The shiny big nosed burd on QT did not want any more powers and will always vote No

Id like to think that most No voters did want change but wanted change within the UK - but there are folk like her that didnt

Those that have no interest in any change and do not want to see powers that can make Scotland a better place by improving the economy etc i just cannot fathom

maybe someone can explain it

That was a utterly bizarre statement. He's basically suggesting that parties can promise whatever they like in an referendum (and election) campaign and never be held accountable for it.

That was the shiny faced No voter in the audience that said that George

Well done Lesley. And the 45 English guy too. :ok:

I'll not be tuning in next week.

I have not watched it at least 15 years. Turned it on briefly about 5 years ago and lasted minutes. It is like pantomime, constantly playing to the audience, but without the humour or enjoyment watching it. Used to watch it all the time in Robin Day's day (ha ha) but that was when I was naive enough to care.l

The shiny big nosed burd on QT did not want any more powers and will always vote No

Id like to think that most No voters did want change but wanted change within the UK - but there are folk like her that didnt

Those that have no interest in any change and do not want to see powers that can make Scotland a better place by improving the economy etc i just cannot fathom

maybe someone can explain it

I thought that too. It's hard to fathom someone living in a country who doesn't want any change, even if it would be for the better. The promises were supposed to woo voters, but she didnt want that. She just didnt want an independent scotland. Full stop. There are a lot of people like that, on both sides.

Was it just me that heard Rory Stewart say something around the lines of Scotland will get devo max no ifs or buts.

Crikey!

It seem that some people think that more powers transferred to Scotland, no matter what they are, is Devo Max.

Nothing that has been proposed is anywhere near Devo Max.

They kept calling it devo max last night but the vow is nowhere near devo max.

Was worried last night agreed with some of the things that Rory was saying. Up to last night the only times I had seen him he came across as a total upperclass twit who was totally into the elitist system but last night he seemed to be a bit more down to earth

Wee Rorys down earth, just mad as a hatter.

Ye he was even nodding away in when john swinney was talking about not voting on England only matters. Think a lot of mps like to forget about snp not voting so they can use it to stir things up

Rory would weird any out. Was he no imperial governor of an afghan province after the northern alliance invasion in 2001? Also an agent of the British state?

Any road, he walked across Afghanistan and wrote a book about it (where in the end he walks home to his family home in Crieff) which is worth a read.

I thought that too. It's hard to fathom someone living in a country who doesn't want any change, even if it would be for the better. The promises were supposed to woo voters, but she didnt want that. She just didnt want an independent scotland. Full stop. There are a lot of people like that, on both sides.

it's because she was in the 'I'm alright jack' part of the no campaign

Rory would weird any bunny rabbit out. Was he no imperial governor of an afghan province after the northern alliance invasion in 2001? Also an agent of the British state?

Any road, he walked across Afghanistan and wrote a book about it (where in the end he walks home to his family home in Crieff) which is worth a read.

Ye he was a diplomat in some areas that could be quite tough. He also wrote a book about his time in Iraq as a diplomat. Seems to have had quite a life so far