New TAMB Logo - Page 2 - TAMB Announcements - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New TAMB Logo

TAMB1

NEW TAMB LOGO  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What logo do you like the best? (Choices below)

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Tbh I'm not a geek so don't watch that shite so I wouldn't know 

Me neither, I had to google it.:lol:

I think they are subliminally trying to tell us that the Daleks conquering the Earth, will coincide with the next time Scotland will qualify for the World Cup finals?

3 hours ago, Bobster said:

It looks to me that fonts 1, 2, 5 and 6 are all the same. Isn't it 3 and 4 that are different?

Yeah, 3 & 4 are a serif font and the rest are sans. I'd suggest tweaking the sans tracking so that the r doesn't run into the m - as it stands it's just a confusion of minims.

Edited by DonnyTJS

57 minutes ago, DonnyTJS said:

Yeah, 3 & 4 are a serif font and the rest are sans. I'd suggest tweaking the sans tracking so that the r doesn't run into the m - as it stands it's just a confusion of minims.

Serif font. Sans serif font. Tracking. La-di-da.

It's so obvious you’ve just looked that up on the internet and are now pretending to know what you’re talking about. :whistling:

I’m still not sure how a logo can be judged without knowing where and how it’s going to be applied.

It’s good that there’s a willingness to share ideas and ask for opinions on things like this but without more background information it’s difficult to give anything meaningful back. 

I agree that the kerning needs looking at if the sans serif font is chosen, particularly if it ends up being used at a small size.

I’ve just got too many questions. Why is Tartan Army given so much weight over Message Board? If Tartan Army is the logo and Message Board the descriptor then maybe Tartan Army needs to be more unique, handrawn perhaps and not just a font available to anyone. Is there a thought to change the descriptors for other uses? So it could also become Tartan Army News or Tartan Army Instagram or Tartan Army Charities.

If not, should it be Tartan Army Message Board where the emphasis is more on Message Board and not on Tartan Army?

The board seems to be well known as the TAMB. The url is tamb.net  Yet the initials aren’t highlighted in any way. Should they be?

Tartan Army Message Board

What makes The Tartan Army unique? Is it the kilt and sporran as is shown or is it the no nonsense, sans serif font on a saltire blue background. Or something else? Should it be shortbread tin or not?

With the info we have available I’m going for no.5 with better kerning and a different blue.

Cheers :cheers3:

6 minutes ago, Bobster said:

Serif font. Sans serif font. Tracking. La-di-da.

It's so obvious you’ve just looked that up on the internet and are now pretending to know what you’re talking about. :whistling:

Damn, outed again. There was once a time when a reasonably wide general knowledge could be picked up from life's rich experience, but now it's apparently only achievable through Google ... how else could you possibly know about kerning? :)

Anyroad, I agree with Bobster's view of the options. It would help to know the context, but I'm going with the clean and classy 5 provided the kerning's sorted. :ok:

12 hours ago, fringo said:

I think it looks more like a posing pouch.

That’s what I thought it was.

The curse of those films again Fringo! 

12 hours ago, mariokempes56 said:

I do have the digital version of  TASA tartan and can get the TAMB one as well (sure its been registered - if not I will design one).

I vote for this one. 

( We ignore each other in dark streets but support in the light of day.😆 😘)

35 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

This momentous decision is clearly far more important than I had first thought. Is it possible for me to get my vote back and much, much longer to think about all the consequences? 

Of course you can. Just make sure you vote for number 7.

sljhxu.png

If we have anyone with any design skills that wish to send us any other options for anyone to consider we would be happy to recived them.

The logo is for the top of the board but may be used elsewhere if we ever need to.

8 hours ago, TAMB1 said:

If we have anyone with any design skills that wish to send us any other options for anyone to consider we would be happy to recived them.

The logo is for the top of the board but may be used elsewhere if we ever need to.

Along these lines?

or40fn.png