Huns new gaffer - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Huns new gaffer

47 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Odds all shifted pretty dramatically around 8pm tonight.

McInnes now 1/5 with Skybet, Coral and Ladbrokes.

I recall him being odds on for the Sunderland job too. Albeit not as short as those.

I'm hopeful, although not confident, that bets placed are driving these odds.

Time will tell.....

4 minutes ago, Redz said:

I recall him being odds on for the Sunderland job too. Albeit not as short as those.

I'm hopeful, although not confident, that bets placed are driving these odds.

Time will tell.....

Possibly. Probably wouldn't take much to move the market- and one bookie may the follow the other.

11 hours ago, Stu101 said:

Odds all shifted pretty dramatically around 8pm tonight.

McInnes now 1/5 with Skybet, Coral and Ladbrokes.

Ironically someone at work last night was saying that Rangers were trying to agreed compensation for all McInnes's backroom staff as he had already agreed in principle to becoming Rangers manager. Took it with a pinch of salt as he is a Gers fan, but he also says he doesn't want McInnes. 

Edited by shaggycoo

There are a lot of people who are convinced it was done last night. It seems too many to be a conincidence. The rumours are that it would have been announced today if it wasn't for the Scotland game but will instead be announced tomorrow.

Then again a lot of people were convinced Jamie Walker was going to be a Rangers player yet we know how that turned out...

So people think Rangers have approached Aberdeen, agreed compensation, McInnes and Tommy Doc have agreed to go and agreed terms and all of this has happened without anyone finding out and without Aberdeen informing their fans of this? 

I'd be utterly astounded. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

So people think Rangers have approached Aberdeen, agreed compensation, McInnes and Tommy Doc have agreed to go and agreed terms and all of this has happened without anyone finding out and without Aberdeen informing their fans of this? 

Craig Brown told Motherwell he didn’t need a contract and wasn’t going to Aberdeen, then went and became dons boss a week later...

38 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Craig Brown told Motherwell he didn’t need a contract and wasn’t going to Aberdeen, then went and became dons boss a week later...

23 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

That's because he didn't have a contract!

Exactly. Hardly a good comparison :lol: 

Guest BlueGaz
2 hours ago, Parklife said:

Only those that believe everything they read in papers may think that.  Most will probably agree that no one knows anything yet.  There are only a very small handful of folk that probably have a wee clue.  Last I saw decent info, Rangers haven't approached Mcinnes, Mcinnes said Rangers hadn't approached him, that'll do for me for now.

3 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Only those that believe everything they read in papers may think that.  Most will probably agree that no one knows anything yet.  There are only a very small handful of folk that probably have a wee clue.  Last I saw decent info, Rangers haven't approached Mcinnes, Mcinnes said Rangers hadn't approached him, that'll do for me for now.

Correct. Although Rangers shouldn't be approaching McInnes at all! 

Do you have any idea which ex-Rangers employee will be rolled out today to tell McInnes to go to Ibrox? :rolleyes: 

Guest BlueGaz
1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Correct. Although Rangers shouldn't be approaching McInnes at all! 

Do you have any idea which ex-Rangers employee will be rolled out today to tell McInnes to go to Ibrox? :rolleyes: 

Got absolutely no idea - but with you on point 1.  Fingers crossed.

57 minutes ago, Big Col said:

Billy "I didn't receive an EBT but if I did I paid tax on it" Dodds ? We had him yet ??

Ahhh, he'd be ideal for the press. Surprised he's not weighed in. He's probably applied for the job himself and is sitting at home praying for a call. 

6 minutes ago, slasher said:

Neither the media or the bookies have a scooby who'll be the next chief Hun. Mainly because the Huns don't have a clue themselves yet......still think it might be Murty till the end of the season.

We need to put a new manager in before January, so that any changes in personnel that can be done are to the new guys liking. Otherwise we're imposing a one window transfer freeze on ourselves. 

We may not have much/any cash but without the manager any changes are pointless. 

So I'm hoping it's done before the end of December. Whoever they choose this time.