Huns new gaffer - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Huns new gaffer

Guest BlueGaz
2 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

And I think that's what he will do. Suspect he will leave Aberdeen at the end of this season but go down south again. 

Unless it happened today, he hasn't been approached by us.  All looking positive on that front.

He'd be on a hiding to nothing going to Rangers now.  Leave it until Rogers on his way out at least.

With what he has done in spl I think he would have enough currency for his name to crop for the rangers job again and again in the next couple of years even if the dons don't win anything else.

If Aberdeens new stadium does not get approval he may be on his bike sooner though.

3 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

And I think that's what he will do. Suspect he will leave Aberdeen at the end of this season but go down south again. 

Even if the new training facilities and stadium get the go-ahead?

Edited by Scotty CTA

31 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Even if the new training facilities and stadium get the go-ahead?

I think those would be enough to keep him at Aberdeen unless an EPL job came his way. 

The only issue would be boredom, if Rangers don't improve and put  pressure on him, he may just get fed up with groundhog season? 

Just now, RenfrewBlue said:

I think those would be enough to keep him at Aberdeen unless an EPL job came his way. 

The only issue would be boredom, if Rangers don't improve and put  pressure on him, he may just get fed up with groundhog season? 

I was thinking that. Finish 2nd each season and lose to Celtic in every big game.

Must be annoying for him.

Just now, Squirrelhumper said:

I was thinking that. Finish 2nd each season and lose to Celtic in every big game.

Must be annoying for him.

Not necessarily annoying but if he can't change it, no matter what he does, will he want to keep repeating it? 

4 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Not necessarily annoying but if he can't change it, no matter what he does, will he want to keep repeating it? 

How would it be any different at Rangers though? They have no chance anytime soon of improving on what Aberdeen have done. 

3 minutes ago, jailender said:

But, possibly, just possibly, they might have access to more funds than the Dons. I don't think that they will get aaproval for the stadium/training ground though, which could be a major factor.

More funds to do what though? Still no chance of bettering Aberdeen recently. Unless they qualify for a Europa league group which is getting more difficult each year.

15 minutes ago, Ormond said:

How would it be any different at Rangers though? They have no chance anytime soon of improving on what Aberdeen have done. 

I don't think he'll come to us. That was not my suggestion. 

I reckon he'll be off down south if he can, to a decent club. 

If that doesn't appear then he might be attracted to Ibrox but only if the Dons new stadium etc doesn't appear. 

Just now, RenfrewBlue said:

I don't think he'll come to us. That was not my suggestion. 

I reckon he'll be off down south if he can, to a decent club. 

If that doesn't appear then he might be attracted to Ibrox but only if the Dons new stadium etc doesn't appear. 

Obviously if he is a Hun at heart then that is bound to have a huge pull too. 

1 hour ago, Ormond said:

Obviously if he is a Hun at heart then that is bound to have a huge pull too. 

I'm a Hun but I'd do my due diligence before I took the job. 

Better not to be undermined by tall tales before you even start. 

Guest MorayCupMan
7 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Better not to be undermined by tall tales before you even start. 

why break the habit though...or the cycle should I say..

Guest MorayCupMan
9 hours ago, jailender said:

But, possibly, just possibly, they might have access to more funds than the Dons. 

But it's the most thankless jobs and I think he knows that..I reckon he'll hold out for job in england

17 hours ago, jailender said:

But, possibly, just possibly, they might have access to more funds than the Dons. I don't think that they will get aaproval for the stadium/training ground though, which could be a major factor.

I think we will get approval.  The plan is being resubmitted shortly. Hopefully this time the City Council/planners won't embarrass themselves. 

14 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Aye, you got me.

I knew the point you were trying to make but thought I'd show that anyone who does think that way is using a heavily flawed logic.

In fact, I'd say probably the 3 biggest Celtic men in my time of going to games would be Burns, McStay and Tierney. None of whom have an Irish connection.

If we signed James McLean however, that would be different :D

11 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

I knew the point you were trying to make but thought I'd show that anyone who does think that way is using a heavily flawed logic.

In fact, I'd say probably the 3 biggest Celtic men in my time of going to games would be Burns, McStay and Tierney. None of whom have an Irish connection.

If we signed James McLean however, that would be different :D

Mclean would be the one signing I’d love you to make just for the sheer get it right up those cvnts laughs. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Mclean would be the one signing I’d love you to make just for the sheer get it right up those cvnts laughs. :lol:

It’s more the sort of thing Rangers would do, to be fair to the Tims.

(obviously not sign James McLean, but maybe a David Healy type....)

3 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

It’s more the sort of thing Rangers would do, to be fair to the Tims.

(obviously not sign James McLean, but maybe a David Healy type....)

Aye, but the sight of all those fat monkeys foaming at the gub though. :lol:

8 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

The reaction from a section of the Rangers support would be hilarious.

:lol:

We know who’s going to win the league each year before it’s even started. What’s left for entertainment? Characters. Ricksen, Lennon, Griffifths, etc. Most of them can be cvnts but without them how boring would the game be?